Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server Saving

dazcarroll

Hi Folks

New to the "renting server" game here and just had a question around how often the world saves.  Last night the server rebooted itself and we lost around 30-40 mins worth of building and resource gathering.

Now i've set the server backup to every 15 mins with a max of 100 a day in the config but just wanted to ask is this the right method or is there another config we need to change to actually trigger regular world saves?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I just ran into an issue tonight. Server crashed, we lost a hour of work. I changed the save frequency in storage.eco.

But the server kept crashing. I think it ran out of space (100x100 server). So I went to backup.eco and reduced that. Also cleared out old backups.

So to prevent loosing an hour of work edit storage.eco. And if you run out of space edit backup.eco

• 5 months later...

This seems to be an issue with this specific hosting service. I also get my storage.eco files resetting the save frequency back to 1500 on a regular basis.

1. The devs confirmed that 1500 isnt even an eco default, its something to do with this hosting service.
2. I've been getting tons of problems. Server going down at night, instability with saves and backups, and frequent crashes.
3. Ive posted on reddit, the official eco discord, and a modding discord for eco, and they have said they never have an issues like this.

I'd highly recommend switching providers if you want to run eco servers. This hosting service has major issues for Eco.

• 2 months later...

I recently started to notice this kind of thing happening aswell.. most likely hosting service at fault here, though can't blame them really.

What worked for me was reducing the autosave frequency and also reducing the world to 0.56km2