Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Where is the "Install mods & plugins easily"

Legalize

Ok so, here is the thing:

I wanted to set up a server at home but since im shit at modding i decided to get someone to host for me.

I went browsing through hosting services to get a Dayz server where adding mods was easy, because i am really bad at anything to do with adding files replacing removing renaming etc. etc. 

I came across some hosting providers that automaticaly add the mods and keys and launchparameters for me and i liked that, however the pricing was a bit too high so i continued my search and ended up on your website.

When i was on the order page it said: Install mods & plugins easily. Which for me indicates it would be EASY.

However i ended doing the same dang thing i would have to do if i was hosting at home.

So my question is: Why the Fork do you have this -> Install mods & plugins easily - If there is nothing different.

I now paid money for something online that i can get annoyed by at home.

Am i doing something wrong? Is there a way to add the mods easier?

If not, Is it possible to get a refund?

Legalize.

For Dayz Standalone we do make it easier than normal to get the mods added to the server. However there is no sure fire way to install the actual custom lines to the files such as the mission files to get items in game. Our panel offers a MOD ID area to where you can add your id into separating each by a comma. This will get the mods installed to the back end and the mod keys to the keys folder. Only thing left would be adding the custom edit lines to add it to the server itself. Here is a guide we made up to help with this.

Ok so after some forking around i managed to find out how to add the mod, here is what i did:

-I turned my server to custom, added the mod ID in the mod id section.

-Created a folder called: Profilefolder - for the mod.

-Set up the Launch parameters like this: "-profiles=/Profilefolder" "-mod=@Trader"

Now my server wont start, so i checked the Logs and there is a problem with usage of socket adress?

I have attached the log in this post.

Help?

Legalize.

DayZServer.log

On 12/25/2019 at 3:17 PM, Legalize said:

Ok so after some forking around i managed to find out how to add the mod, here is what i did:

-I turned my server to custom, added the mod ID in the mod id section.

-Created a folder called: Profilefolder - for the mod.

-Set up the Launch parameters like this: "-profiles=/Profilefolder" "-mod=@Trader"

Now my server wont start, so i checked the Logs and there is a problem with usage of socket adress?

I have attached the log in this post.

Help?

Legalize.

DayZServer.log 2.08 kB · 2 downloads

Please send a ticket in and I can check on the back end. It might just be a weird issue with the launcher.