Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How to add mods to your DayZ server [Guide]

StealthyMartian

To add mods on your DayZ Standalone server you will want to do the following:

1. Switch your servers map type to "Custom" via the Game Server Control panel to enable the "Custom Launch Parameters"
  2. Upload all of the workshop mods you wish to use on the server via FTP to the base directory (Or add the id(s) of the mods to the Mod ID area on the panel to have the server download them for you)
  3. To activate the mods you will want to put -mod= followed by the mod you wish to activate
    1. For example -mod=@example;@mod;@folders
    2. Note: if you have mods with spaces in the name. Add " " around the -mod=@example;@mod;@folders part
      1. Example: "-mod=@example;@mod;@folders"
  4. It is important to note that if the workshop mod comes with a "Keys" folder you will need to add the file contained within that folder to your servers main "Keys" folder in the main file directory if not already there!
  5. Then click on the green "Save Settings and Restart Game Servers" button for the changes to take effect and for the mods to load!
  6. Once the server is fully booted up and shows started (You may need to refresh the page) head to: https://dayzsalauncher.com/#/servercheck and enter your servers ip:port number (change the last port number to an 8 and click check server. This will add your server to the dayzsa launcher and allow it to show the new mods you have added.

To edit/upload/save/delete files via FTP, use the following method:

1. Stop your server from the panel.
  2. Log in to FTP using WinSCP (a free FTP software) using the connection details found in the "FTP Details" section of the game server control panel. Download link for WinSCP here: http://winscp.net/eng/download.php
  3. Navigate to the directory you wish to upload or edit a file.
  4. After editing/uploading/deleting your files in the proper directories, start your server from the panel.

If you run into any issues with this method please let us know and we can provide you with a price quote to have our staff install these mods for you

• 3 months later...

What do you mean replace the last number with a smilyface with glasses?  is it a o a 0 what goes there? It is really dumb to put that smiley thing there if its something else.  Also there is a port number and an IP number do I combine them. This tutorial was doing well until this point. I just quit my Nitrado server because they cannot write clear instructions and this smiley face makes me think I made a mistake choosing you guys.  Also the one time toggles is that one time between server stops or just one time period? How do I know if I want to toggle them or not? I read the blurbs but they are not clear. This is not a clear sentence. "Toggling any of the options under this section will apply to any Start, Restart, or Save Settings and Restart Game Server button press. After the button action is completed, these options will be unchecked and togglable again. This is a one time option." Will they be "unchecked and toggable again" or is this a "one time option" and when do I have to decide?  

When I try to check the server on the launcher it says "Something went wrong, you must enter a valid ip:port."  What is my valid ip:port? I have tried both numbers together and apart.  Please assume I don't know anything at all about this stuff. The main problem with all this tech stuff is people assumming people know things they do not know. 

Thanks 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
23 hours ago, Henly said:

maybe Im blind, but I cant see where to change the map to custom. :-(

At the bottom of the map drop down section, you are able to select a "Custom" option for the map.

image.png.9ea1fed821b8a95431c21f5abbbff7d0.png

Select the "Custom" option highlighted in Pink, this should then reveal the custom parameters text box. be sure to press the large green update/restart button to apply the settings after you select the Custom option and configure your server.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/17/2021 at 2:39 PM, N H said:

Where is the serverstart.bat file

For our servers we do not have it located in the FTP client but rather auto generate it on the fly as the server is starting up. If you want to add items to it simply set the map drop down to custom and a new custom launch area will show up.

• 4 weeks later...

How do we add mods since update 1.12? Still the same process or has it changed? I've heard the dev team has changed things and its causing server owners and mod makers all sorts of grief. Have not been able to get our server running again since I deleted a mod that was removed from the workshop.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 1:22 PM, PSN_steven1230 said:

For our servers we do not have it located in the FTP client but rather auto generate it on the fly as the server is starting up. If you want to add items to it simply set the map drop down to custom and a new custom launch area will show up.

but noting working 

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so now that MODs are added and launch params are in, how do I get it to play the new Livonia map. The "Custom" map setting loads the default map.

Nothing im trying is working i have followed this guide and many more and NOTHING works. IDK i thought this would be easier than spending 15 hours setting up my own dedicated server and this is proving to be just as hard.

• 3 months later...

I don't understand how to add " " around the -mod=@modname if there are spaces in between. This is the copy of my Launch Parameters. Please just tell me where " " goes with My Parameters. I've tried so many different ways. I know I'm doing something wrong.

I left spaces where they are on the file name.

My Parameters 

-mod=@CF;@MoreFood;@ZomBerry Admin Tools;@Unlimited Stamina

This makes no sense to me if there are mods with spaces next too ones that don't have any.

1. Example: "-mod=@example;@mod;@folders"

If I use that example..

-mod=@CF;@MoreFood;"@ZomBerryAdminTools";"@UnlimitedStamina"

Only shows 2 / 2 mods and not 4 / 4.

668265938_Screenshot2021-09-12161713.png.7455940f95a4a47c86fac3fd0a657f05.png

206206817_Screenshot2021-09-12161741.png.73951764ff8f2b4cdb9520a78d697341.png

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/31/2021 at 7:00 PM, merx said:

Ok, so now that MODs are added and launch params are in, how do I get it to play the new Livonia map. The "Custom" map setting loads the default map.

Did you ever get help? I'm having the exact same issue

I have the mods loaded and everything *should* be ready, but the server won't load a map, its keeps saying started, but it also says its loading, and it won't load

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2020 at 12:54 PM, Mikey Flanders said:

Hello,

where do i change the custom launch parameters?
please help i've bin searching for hours.

Greetings Mikey Flanders

the bat file/ start file is not in most hosting service ftps, this service gives access from dashboard when you set your servers map to custom. 
@everyone when you watch tutorials on youtube and you see people opening that file 9/10 times they are showing you how to mod 
a local/ Offline server rather than using a 2nd live server for testing and configs etc :)

On 5/24/2022 at 5:44 PM, battle said:

I have the mods loaded and everything *should* be ready, but the server won't load a map, its keeps saying started, but it also says its loading, and it won't load

means ur servers crashed i believe, cause when mine did that it was due to input error on my end. if you put the quotations inbetween each mod itll do that
look below and see if your line looks similar to mine or if you got a bunch of extra quotations in there (pretty new to this hosting service but when i changed the launch line n restarted it came up and said ready not loading anymore) :)

"-mod=@CF;@Dabs Framework;@DeerIsle;@dbo_surfaces_DI"

• 1 month later...

I have been reading all these threads on adding mods... my server gets stuck in the loading mode, and the DayZ_X64.log simply reads "[Error] Mod Error: failed to find mod, @ZomBerryAdminTools does not exist"

I had not even installed that mod, but nothing else I did would change the error, so I did install it, and yet it still throws the same error.

I have FTP'd the folders to the root, I have removed spaces from names, added the keys to the keys directory, set it to custom map, added the following to the launcher 

"-mod=@BaseBuildingPlus;@CodeLock;@MMGBaseStorage;@NoShoeDamage;@PartyMe;@Repair;@UnlimitedStamina;@VanillaPlusPlusMap;@SchanaModGlobalChat;@ZomBerryAdminTools"

and yet nothing is working.  The basic Livonia map works... so what am I missing?

Also, I feel like it's an old install?  There are files for steammodcopydir for mods I never installed, and dates from June and July when I literally signed up last night.  Can someone explain?

• 4 months later...
On 5/31/2021 at 5:00 PM, merx said:

I am in the same spot. My mods load and work, however it now loads Chernarus instead of Livonia. 

19 hours ago, Mjolnir said:

I am in the same spot. My mods load and work, however it now loads Chernarus instead of Livonia. 

Did you change the map load in Admin/serverDZ.cfg

Your mission should look like something like this, this is for DeerIsle though.

class Missions
{
    class DayZ
    {
        template="empty.deerisle"; // Mission to load on server startup. <MissionName>.<TerrainName>
    };
};

• 6 months later...

Hi, the ftp link in the control panel sends me to a blank page??

Also, i added the mods ID list, saved and restarted, and the process never ends, is this normal? should i be a little more patient?

Thanks for the help