Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Dino Levels...

Angelica420

Just started our own server and are really new to this. Dino's are spawning at really low levels and we aren't used to seeing them so low. How do i change the settings so dinos spawn at higher levels and how do i edit max dino level?

On 11/15/2019 at 1:53 AM, Angelica420 said:

I guess i just need to turn on max difficulty from what i've read. But, can't seem to find where to do so. 

You can do this in the Modify Server Config tool! The setting you are looking for is called "Override Official Difficulty". After altering the difficulty run a DestroyWildDinos command!

• 2 years later...
On 11/18/2019 at 6:26 AM, Capps said:

You can do this in the Modify Server Config tool! The setting you are looking for is called "Override Official Difficulty".

When I do this in the server where I have the official difficulty at 1 and the override official difficulty at 5.4 the dinos still spawn at low levels. I've somehow done it once and tamed a few lvl >100s, but when I started the server later that day the new dinos spawning went back to being level 1-30. How do I fix this bug? I'm pressing save configuration every time, should I be pressing reset config?

18 minutes ago, Dino Orca said:

When I do this in the server where I have the official difficulty at 1 and the override official difficulty at 5.4 the dinos still spawn at low levels. I've somehow done it once and tamed a few lvl >100s, but when I started the server later that day the new dinos spawning went back to being level 1-30. How do I fix this bug? I'm pressing save configuration every time, should I be pressing reset config?

You need to run the destroy wild dinos admin command after you edit and save the difficulty settings.

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

You need to run the destroy wild dinos admin command after you edit and save the difficulty settings.

on that note, I've been trying to get admin commands to work, but even >enablecheats [password] won't let me do any