Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server has two serverDZ.cfg files

Havocfive

I noticed there are two different serverDZ.cfg files- one in the Admin folder, and one in the main folder, with the .exe. The former has all of the correct values for server name, pass, RCON pass, while the later does not but does have a few new lines, such as "serverNightTimeAcceleration=8;". Can we use the new lines in the normal serverDZ.cfg, or is it a new template still being worked on? 

The serverDZ.cfg file found within the Admin folder is the config file that the server reads from! The one in the root directory is simply a template that gets installed with the server files! If the one in the Admin folder is missing any lines you can add them to the config via FTP! I will get with Ryan P to make sure we have the most up to date config in the admin folder!

• 10 months later...

I seen that as well, but when I change the template for the map, the server keeps changing it back to the dayzoffline.chernarusplus.  I am wanting the dzsal to show that we are using the Expansion.ChernarusPlusGloom map. what can I do to fix this issue? Thanks in advance

On 9/19/2020 at 12:15 PM, Cameron C said:

I seen that as well, but when I change the template for the map, the server keeps changing it back to the dayzoffline.chernarusplus.  I am wanting the dzsal to show that we are using the Expansion.ChernarusPlusGloom map. what can I do to fix this issue? Thanks in advance

If you want to keep it from auto resetting on an update. You can move the serverDZ.cfg file from the admin folder to the root of the FTP by setting this in your custom launch line. Just make sure to paste the one from the admin folder there as the one there by default does not have any info. Also note that you will have to manually update this file as the panel will no longer update it.

-config=serverDZ.cfg