Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

1st Week Basics Guide

Nuggus

Started my server about a week ago. Things are progressing slowly.

First, ensure you STOP your server when making FTP modifications. This will allow you to edit the /Admin/ServerDZ.cfg 

If you can't edit, (502 permissions error etc.) Try starting / stopping the server again. I've had success with this. 

Select option "Skip Server Updating" checkbox before starting the server. Allowing the server to update overwrites the cfg file modifications above. ^

By editing this configuration file, you can update the server time of day, VOIP use, etc. 

Thus far, I've added the following modifications successfully: 

"-mod=@CF;@Unlimited Stamina;@UsefulBatteries;@SIX-DayZ-Auto-Run;@VanillaPlusPlusMap;@UsefulSuppressors"

This is a launch parameter to specify for the server. 

Set your map to CUSTOM drop down selection

Enter the launch parameters "-mod=@CF;@Unlimited Stamina"

This will run community framework (necessary for many mods) and Unlimited Stamina. 

Survival Servers is awesome! You don't even need to copy the mod files, they'll do it for you. You only have to specify the mod ids from steam. These are located in the steam URL, or you can find them in your local machine steam WORKSHOP file. I've found it best to let SurvivalServers copy the files down. For example; 1559212036,1560819773

Copying and pasting the mod ids above will download the @CF;@Unlimited Stamina mod files to the FTP server. 

I'm trying to install and run several more mods, including @Trader will update this thread with more details in the future. 

UPDATE: I've experimented with the \mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db\ files recently. I've made significant modifications to the types.xml file to edit the spawn rates on the server. This is modified by setting the nominal value higher on items you want to spawn and lower on items you don't. Set the min value for the minimum to spawn on the server. (I think) 

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2019 at 8:58 PM, Archaon383 said:

Is survival servers a service you can buy to help setup your own server or something?

We provide hosting services for game servers.