Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Desktop Shortcut for DZSAL updating

AlphaWolf13

Hey everyone!

I created a desktop shortcut so that I can just *one click* to update my server info on DZSA Launcher.
Here are some simple instructions so you can do the same!

Easy to do. Step one, Create a new shortcut. (right click on desktop, select "new" - "shortcut"

The first screen will ask you for the "location" - Copy and paste the following

https://dayzsalauncher.com/#/servercheck/000.000.00.000:0000

Replace the "000.000.00.000:0000" with your own server IP/Port info - Make sure to change the last digit on port to an "8" for Survival Servers hosted servers!
And Click Next.

The next screen will ask you to name your new shortcut - I just used my server name - (helpful if you have multiple servers!)

Thats it!
Now if you want, you can do as I did and switch from your stock internet browser ICON to the DZSA Launcher icon. You can find the location of the icon file by right-clicking the existing DZSAL link on your desktop and selecting "properties" from the pull down menu, select the "Change Icon" button under the "shortcut" tab, the address bar will contain the location of your DZSAL exe, which contains the Icon we want to use. Copy this location, and close that window.

Right click on your new shortcut, select properties and hit that same "Change Icon" button. Now paste the copied location for DZSAL.exe, select the Icon and hit "OK" - Now click "Apply". Finish by clicking "OK" to close the properties window.

We now have a functional and attractive Shortcut right on our desktop to update DZSAL whenever we add or remove a mod from our server.

Thanks guys, hope this is useful to you!