Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How do you make a Survival server?

Bakakido

Yeah I'd have to agree there. I'd like to know as well. Just got a server to play with some friends. I'd like to make it a survival and change the resource rate and make sure there's spawn ships.

To change the game mode between Creative and Survival, please do the following:

1.) Stop your server from the panel.
2.) Log in to FTP using WinSCP (a free FTP software) using the connection details found in the "FTP Details" section of the game server control panel. Download link for WinSCP here http://winscp.net/eng/download.php
3.) Download and open up the SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg which can be found in the "Instance\" directory
4.) Also download and open up your current saves "Sandbox.sbc" which can be found in the "Instance\YOUR_SAVE" directory
5.) Search for <GameMode> in both files and change what is found inside the <GameMode>XXXXXX</GameMode> to one of the two choices below!
 - For Survival it should look like: <GameMode>Survival</GameMode>
 - For Creative it should look like: <GameMode>Creative</GameMode>
6.) Save the files and re-upload them to their appropriate place on the server
7.) Start the server

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried the above and it keeps saying it's in Experimental Mode.  We were able to switch from creative to survival just fine, but would like to be be playing NOT on experimental.

If you navigate to the Sandbox.sbc file, there should be a line that looks just like this : <ExperimentalMode>true</ExperimentalMode>

Change that to False and then start the server back up!

The file is found under the /instances/saves/yoursave directory!

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Sammy Martin said:

How does one make the server private? I see its <ONLINEMODE>PUBLIC</ONLINEMODE> ...

But I'm not sure what to change it to exactly.

Submit a support ticket and we can help you out with this!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

On 4/4/2020 at 12:07 PM, JaxStraw said:

I am looking into using Torch for the UI. Have a ticket in for setup right now and waiting :) I'll let you know how that works and do a how-to demo for ya

HOw did that go for you, @JaxStraw ? the 'ZONEOUT' has torch.. no idea (yet) what plug-ins have? Looking at the site, there are six possible..

will take a look at what we may have / be able to do with what we have - it is altogether new to us.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, found the answers to those questions.. there are three plugins, according to what I have read about that are worthwhile.. 
Essentials,
Concealment,
And Profiler.

All may be downloaded from the TOrch site, and that info is mainly from their wiki.

So far as I have gathered, you download Torch to your PC, run it and let it update, then input the IDs for each plugin, then place it into the server, then when it runs it will download / update those plugins when it runs just as Torch, by itself did when you ran it in your own PC.

Will update here when I get it worked out.. gotta do something else for now.