Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server not Starting

Qrow

After forcing to install the DZSA Launcher for the server the DayZServer_x64.exe is now (800kb). However, now the server wont start when I click start in the control panel it loads for a while and then still says stopped. Any idea how to fix?

I had this problem earlier, Check your Custom Launch Parameter line for any coding errors for example mine was 
 -dayzserver=DayZServer.exe -mod=@CF;@DinkyItems;@UnlimitedStamina;
and my server wasnt starting because of the ; at the end of Unlimited Stamina, it started working when I changed it to 
-dayzserver=DayZServer.exe -mod=@CF;@DinkyItems;@UnlimitedStamina

That's how I fixed it for myself.

Nah that aint the problem because it started and worked before I swapped it

-dayzserver=DayZServer.exe "-mod=@BuildAnywhere;@BuilderItems;@CF;@Cl0ud's Military Gear;@Code Lock;@Community-Online-Tools;@DayZ-Expansion-Chat;@DisableBaseDestruction;@FIDOv PACK 4;@FlipTransport;@KillFeed;@Mass'sManyItemOverhaul;@OP_BaseItems;@Server_Information_Panel;@TacticalWear;@The Walking Dead;@Trader;@Unlimited Stamina;@VanillaPlusPlusMap" -scrAllowFileWrite

That is it right now.

Maybe try taking the " away from the beginning and end of the -mod, Im not using them and my server/mods are working right now and thats the only thing I can think of that might be affecting you because im not using them, This is my launch parameter as of right now:

-dayzserver=DayZServer.exe -mod=@CF;@DinkyItems;@KILLJOYSModPack;@Trader;@TraderWallet;@UnlimitedStamina;@VanillaPlusPlusMap

I can only suggest 2 more things the first being try removing -scrAllowFileWrite.
The second being is go into your FTP and rename your mods so that there arent any spaces in between you have spaces between Unlimited Stamina and a few others, I dont think the server will read those correctly if you do it that way, I just renamed the "@" Folders so none of them had spaces in between the words, thats the last thing in your parameters that is different from mine but I cant promise either of those will work for you.

If that doesnt work you might have to wait for a Admin/Moderator to come on or submit a ticket for better help than I can give, I cant think of anything else since for me it was just removing the " that fixed mine, Sorry.

ftps11.png

Yeah I think ill just need an admin / mod cuz the -scrAllowFileWrite shouldn't effect it and I previously changed the name of the files and in the launch parameters but it just created another file of the original name so I dunno whats going on there.

Are you loading the mod via the Steam Mod ID's on the websites Control Panel? Because I'm just copying them from my PC to the server files, That could be why its re-adding them.

My mods didn't seem to load at all when getting them through the steam ID's, so I deleted them all and just went into the files(YourName\A:\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ\!dzsal) I got from playing on various servers and uploaded them manually and put the keys/profiles in the correct locations and edited the init.c / other files appropriately and haven't had a issue yet.

Yeah I completely agree.

I think waiting for a Admin will be your best bet atm.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, Hope it gets fixed soon!

On 8/16/2019 at 4:07 PM, Qrow said:

Yep thanks for trying to help anyways

If you haven't already and are still having issues please send in a support ticket so we can look into this!

• 2 months later...

Did the Issue get fixed? 

I have nearly the exact sam issue only with other mods. My server wont start if i use the exact same @Mod names like the folders are.

If i rename the folders so they wont have spaces in it, the server starts but everyone gets kicked because the server says the client has active mods that aren't active on the server.

Is there any method to teach the server to ignore the spaces and load with none edited folders?

My launch-parameters are looking like this:

-dayzserver=DayZServer.exe -mod=@CF;@Unlimited Stamina;@SIX-DayZ-Auto-Run;@VanillaPlusPlusMap;@AmmunitionExpansion;@Base Furniture Mods 2.0;@Base_Storage;@BetterSuppressors;@BuildAnywhere;@BulletStacksPlusPlus;@CarsPlus;@CJ187_Drinks_Food;@CJ187_Magazine;@Code Lock;@DayZ-Expansion-Chat;@GoreZ;@InventoryPlus;@KillFeed;@Mass'sManyItemOverhaul;@MunghardsItempack;@New Clothes by rob;@Summer_Chernarus;@WeaponExpansion

Ideas or hints? 

Btw. support ticket has already been created.

EDIT: Found the problem with a helping hand from the support.

my starting parameters needed some " before and after. The joining errors were a bit misleading. They meant that the client is running pbo's that the server dont know but the pbo's weren't missing, the bikeys of that mods were missing. No everything runs fine.

Edited by Burghalter
Found the problem with a little help from Support