Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Players joining/leaving

JustJ3ss

Hey guys I wanted to see if there was a way for me to show the players leaving and joining the server. 

Ive searched through the BE folder and some of my mods for any type of config but I have yet to find any.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

DaRT can help you, and a few more.  But some do have a cost to use.  I use CFTools, it's free for use on a single DayZ server and you don't have to install anything.

https://omegax.cftools.de

you just login with your steam account, then goto into the configuration and attach your DayZ server.  You'll need to know your port numbers and IP address.  

You can schedule your own restarts, messages, whitelisting, and you even have a server log that you can go back through.  The log is only going to show you an authenticated player and the disconnect.  It's not going to tell you why the player logged off.  I think the log times are in UTC 0

This is a powerful utility for free and it does allow you to set up kicks and bans.  You can kicks automatically based on certain criteria and bans you do anytime.  You also have the ability to pull a player's Steam64ID, BI ID and other things.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did understand what your asking.  CFTools will display custom messages.  It has an Announcer that can be setup to do exactly what you wanted.  Just check it out and see for yourself all the features.   For a free tool, it does a lot of the simple items that many paid for use tools do.

Configuration for a server is easy.  You can be connected and up and running within a few minutes.  It's free for connecting to one server. 

There are many other features to the tool.  I suggest you check it out to see all of the items that you can do. 

I've done my searching on the internet for a tool to help me with basic management for a dayz server, there are several out there with more features and some with less but they want $$$.  Most of the features that admins use are messages on a some timer, scheduled restarts, whitelists, ban lists.  This tool will does this and more with no cost.  

I have found that as for timed restarts, I like using the feature that Survival Servers has on their DayZ servers.  

I don't own the tool, I just use it and wouldn't recommend it if didn't do the job that I needed.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

old topic, but if you use the party me mod the players can hit P and it will list the players on the server. Dayz removed the old style playerlist to add "realism" of surviving.