Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Gameuser setting resetting all the time!

Every couple of days my gameuser settings get reset and everything in increased stack sizes gets erased from my server? im beyond tired of losing tens of thousands of metal, polymer, electronics, pearls...etc every couple days. Is there anything you can do to fix this? i cancelled my subscription to your servers until something is done because everyone on my server is tired of dealing with this shit. Noticed today that the generic increase item stack size setting is gone. Which made it so regular item stack sizes could be increased. now i have to go in and write hundreds of line of code into the .ini files just to have it wiped again in a couple days........

Please submit a support ticket so we can look into the issue as this should not be happening. If you are using the modify config tool as well as the Advanced Config tool this may be why the settings are overwritten.

• 3 months later...

I am having the same problem, I added a stack mod, but everytime I change any settings the stack mod is removed from the game.ini file that I didn't touch.  I changed the MOTD and the mod was removed, it makes 0 sense.

• 8 months later...

im having same trouble changing ini files for stack sizes and such I go into settings change one thing...… its reset have to loose hours of progress to reset server at last save and try it all over again in a week...….. 

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I have learned that if you make changes in the .ini files manually, they are not saved into the config tool. So if you then go back and use the config tools, everything is wiped because it was never stored in the config tool. There is actually a statement at the top when you manually edit an .ini that tells you the settings will not be saved in the config tool. If you are going to bounce back ad forth from using Advanced User Tools to Basic User Tools that you keep a copy of all your code in .txt file so that you ca just copy and paste it back in after using the tool.