Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

the .ini file settings are not being used

Keeanah

The .ini file settings appear to not work at this time.  Is this a bug created with the last major update?  Or is this intentional by the developers?  Or is something wrong with the .ini file created through the control panel?  Any ideas or help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Over the weekend there was an issue with mods not working right so I was told that they added a new mod field where you could put the mod ID's at. It works great and helped me through my issue. However, after they put that field in, when you do updates the servers are overwriting the ini's. I informed tech support yesterday of this and they are supposed to be looking into it. Until then after you do an update you'll need to start the server from the top and not the bottom. 

Yea, same issue here, since the patch 19.3 the .ini file got revert to default. Also with there maintenance going on at the moment some servers get screw up, so I recommend to back up your save file as often as you can, because this issue will result in a wipe if you do not. 2 of my servers got maintenance on them and when they came back, the server weren't starting at all. Have to do a complete wipe on them to make it work again. Lost hrs of work from our player, not to mention it took my 5 hrs to sort the problem out.

Cheers,

P.S: Also make sure to look into your spam folder for your emails. The warning notice about server maintenance went there instead of the regular email folder. Be aware. I never check the spam folder so didn't saw the notice and got screw up when it happen since nothing got back up.

Cheers,

Until then after you do an update you'll need to start the server from the top and not the bottom. 

This isn't working for me, I can't get mine to recognize any .ini file settings.

Do you happen to have the variable names for the XP multiplier, the harvest amount and harvest damage multipliers?  I don't know what those are off the top of my head and I have people who really want to start playing this.  Thanks all for your help!!

[Game.ini file]
CraftXPMultiplier=2.0
GenericXPMultiplier=2.0
HarvestXPMultiplier=2.0
KillXPMultiplier=2.0
SpecialXPMultiplier=4.0

[GameUserSetting.ini file]

XPMultiplier=2.000000

Cheers,

What about the Harvest Amount and Harvest Damage multipliers?  There are 2 that you can set how many times you hit the rock, etc., and how much that rock gives you.  Thanks :)

[Game.ini File]

PlayerHarvestingDamageMultiplier=3.0

[GameUserSetting.ini File]

HarvestAmountMultiplier=2.000000
HarvestHealthMultiplier=2.000000

Cheers,