Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Starting Fresh!

Estharos

We were playing on a 3x3 server for 3 weeks, then we decide to start fresh with a new map. We've been playing for a week now and we got issue transiting to other grid, some of us will transit and found them self out of the company and others will be send back to home region and ask to spawn there, meaning that they die when trying to transit. Some as well will be stuck with a connection time out and can't log back in at all. All IP's are set correctly, including ports. We got the feeling that the server still working with some save data somewhere.

I think that the servers didn't wipe completely, so was wondering what check box should be check so it wipe it self completely. Mods, Save's Files, json files and .ini files.

P.S: Also can you set any grid as your home server or is it 0,0 and 0,2 the only grid to be set as home?

Cheers,

The way I cleaned my server(s) was to stop all servers in the grid and then check the following to wipe them one at a time.

- Reset Template

- Clean SteamCMD

- Clean Mods

- Clean Save

Then hit "Save and Restart" at the bottom and when the server comes up it should be set back to the SS default. From here you can load your JSON and etc. Now I also had some issue with transitioning between grids on our 3x3 and had to get into the Redis database to remove duplicate character entries. 

Go to the link below for that thread and read through the document I posted. That resolved my problems and we have been running 100% since.

https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6894-how-to-connect-to-the-redis-database-for-you-servers/

P.S: Also can you set any grid as your home server or is it 0,0 and 0,2 the only grid to be set as home?

Cheers,

As far as I understand, you CAN set any grid to be a home server, but you need to make sure there is a place to spawn if you do. If you are using Tallon's 3x3 (we are as well) then use A1 and A3 as home servers which should be the grids you posted above. 

I think if you make a server a home server and there isn't a place to spawn it just tosses you out in the ocean, but I haven't dealt with that yet so I am just going by what I have read.

Thank You for the info really appreciated.

It's a custom map that I made. My main idea was to spawn player in 6 different grid so they may choose the biome they want to. For example if the player want to start in Equatorial well it will spawn in 1,1, if Eastern Temperate in grid 2,0, Western Temperate in 0,2, Tropical in 1,2 and 2,1 and Desert 2,2. But don't know if it's possible, will have to create 6 home server and will the player be able to see all 6 server so they can choose from, that's my concern. When I try it it the other day, it didn't work, maybe I did it the wrong way. As for now I modify the map so they all spawn in 0,2 in 4 different islands.

Cheers,

The way I cleaned my server(s) was to stop all servers in the grid and then check the following to wipe them one at a time.

- Reset Template

- Clean SteamCMD

- Clean Mods

- Clean Save

Then hit "Save and Restart" at the bottom and when the server comes up it should be set back to the SS default. From here you can load your JSON and etc. Now I also had some issue with transitioning between grids on our 3x3 and had to get into the Redis database to remove duplicate character entries. 

Go to the link below for that thread and read through the document I posted. That resolved my problems and we have been running 100% since.

https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6894-how-to-connect-to-the-redis-database-for-you-servers/

Cleaning up the servers the way you mention, will let you know how it goes in few hrs.

Cheers,

Also, how do I update the redis to 9.9 with the source code, don't see any instruction on how to install the update.

Cheers,

The database running on the server or the Redis Desktop Manager? 

As far as the Redis database running on the server, you don't upgrade or anything. Just leave it as is. The connection gives you a way to see into the database items if needed. The example I used it for was the multiple character bug.

As far as the Redis Desktop Manager, you need a subscription to a site to get the newest version (from what I could find) so I just use the free one I link in my document. If you find another way to get the most recent version, let me know and I will update the document. 

ok, will do.

Got an issue atm my server #5 keep on stopping after 3mins when I click save and start. All check box that you mention above are check but server stopped after 3 mins, compare to the others, that took me about 30mins each server. Still got 4 other server to wipe, 5 with the server 5.

Cheers,

We had numerous issues with a single server as well. For that server I had to migrate it to another datacenter. I moved the server to Dallas (from New York) and then was able to set it up after that. We ended up just leaving the server in Dallas because it worked. That may help you too. 

That will absolutely change the IP/Port, but it may help you out. Just a suggestion that helped me out when I had issues with a server that wouldn't start or wipe. 

I typically do just that and fly through each grid to make sure it all works well. 

Is it possible to restart the day without reverting to the default template? Basically, I like the map and the configuration changes, but it took me long enough that I am in day 1600. 

I have no idea how to do that. I assume that the "day" is tied to the time the server has been online and the current save files. If you want to go back to day 1, you would have to wipe the saves and start over. At least as far as I know, was the same way on Ark.