Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server Persistence?

BrettHumb

So I have been running a DayZ server with SurvivalServers for about a month and have had various success and failures.

Modding has gone smoothly, editing of some .cfgs to my players liking, and so forth.

The main issue I have faced is with persistence, or the lack of, over the course of this month I have seen two failures of persistence.  Albeit not complete failures, as most storage containers i,e, chests, barrels, cases, etc., have survived whatever failure beset the server. The affected items were tents and base items i,e, walls, towers, etc. 

I am pretty new to running a server and I am fairly certain my main tool for diagnosing problems should be logs, if anyone could help  instruct me on how to find my logs and what sort of things to look for, I would be very grateful.

Additionally if you have had similar issues and have a fix I would like to know and again would be very grateful.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Very Respectfully,

BrettHumb, RageNation Server Administrator