Photo

Server update wiping serversettings.cfg?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bamstick

Bamstick

Gamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:26 AM

It appears that updating a server defaults the server config file?  I updated a server from A3 to A4 and could not log back in.  We would get to the Steam authentication part and it would sit for a minute, then unload back to the start menu. 

Looked at the server config and saw that the save timer and server password were back to default settings.  Changed those and uploaded and restarted the server, but still could not access the server (got to the same point listed above).  Validated server files, clean steam cmd folder, etc, and could not connect.  Eventually did the -1 world slot setting to gen a new world, which then enabled us to connect.  

So I guess my question is, does the server config truly get wiped on an update, and shouldn't I just be able to re-add password and save timer setting and be good to go?  

• dariowort likes this

#2 dariowort

dariowort

Gamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:10 PM

Eventually did the -1 world slot setting to gen a new world, which then enabled us to connect

What do you mean by that? 

I'm asking because I might experiencing the same issue right now.

It might be true, each update defaults the server config.

EDIT:

I found the -1 world slot setting in the server cfg, but I'm still facing the same issue.

After loading the game sits on the EAC auth. and starts to unload everything sending me back to the main menu.

Weird.

I opened a ticket, if we find a stable solution i'll post it for future use.

• Bamstick likes this

#3 Damien

Damien

Gamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

Where you able to figure out why you kept Unloading after trying to load in?

#4 Bamstick

Bamstick

Gamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:22 PM

Where you able to figure out why you kept Unloading after trying to load in?

I have not.  Having a similar issue with update 6 as well.  Load screen is getting stuck on authenticating with steam.  Tried deleting the server cache under Users>user name>appdata>CodeHatch and restarting steam with no luck.  I don't know that I'm willing to start over a 6th time.  Starting to get frustrating.

#5 Bamstick

Bamstick

Gamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:30 PM

Starting to wonder if there is a back end issue with the host.  The server owner opened a ticket yesterday (hasn't gotten a response yet) but one of the things we are seeing is none of the saves are showing in the control panel.  I just did a clean steam cmd folder and don't update, and when the server restarted the server settings were changed, and the world slot was set to -1, where it was set to 3, which I'm thinking would make sense if the server couldn't find the save data, that it would try to gen a new world.  I did ftp into the server and the save data is there.  Hopefully we'll get someone to look at it soon.

#6 ChaoticGz

ChaoticGz

Gamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:45 PM

I have not.  Having a similar issue with update 6 as well.  Load screen is getting stuck on authenticating with steam.  Tried deleting the server cache under Users>user name>appdata>CodeHatch and restarting steam with no luck.  I don't know that I'm willing to start over a 6th time.  Starting to get frustrating.

I am having the same issue except ive never made it in.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users