Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

2X2 RidgeWay + 19 Explorer Notes + Power-Stones + Kraken

Tallon

2X2 RidgeWay + Explorer Notes + Power-Stones + Kraken

This Map is a Custom 2x2 Map that has all 19 Explorer Notes, All 10 PowerStones & the EndBoss level all nicely fit into a 2x2 Grid Cluster

Npc ships have been Nerfed by 50%, That is Speed, Damage & turning ability !!

Multiple Trader routes with multiple Traders ID's !!

All Islands are renamed according to their ID's (Official Note Indexes) !!

100% Animals & 100% Resources !!

Marker has been added for Kraken Boss as well as the Indexes !!

Floatsam quality has be multiplied by around 20% (Floating Sea Crates) Defo Dive in a grab these now :) !!

Heat&Cold (IE Severe) Has been Tamed down

4 Separate Biomes all with there own Spawners & Sea-Life

ShieldHorns added to Starter Island (Experimental) Ive no way to know if this has worked...

View Of Resources & Animals

Ignore.png

View Of Game Map

Download Link v1.2 (Fixed the extra code that's added due to a Bug)

https://tinyurl.com/y5bbu78p

Download Link v1.3 (Added Trench & moved Islands around to compensate)

https://tinyurl.com/yxqyzuv7

MapImg.jpg

you can chose either or both 0,1 & 0,0 Top Left, Bottom Left by selecting multiple Homeservers in the Json or Cpanel..

There CAN & probably will be mistakes so use at your own risk & as always if something is found ill do my best to Fix it..

Hey got a curious one. We have been running this map quite fine for a couple of days except for 3 players that have  gone into cell 4 (1,1) have crashed upon trying to cross over and cant reconnect afterwards even after restarting the server? Any ideas on what the issue might be and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

People on Official have had all sorts happen after the last patch assuming you updated to the lastest, Im not really sure what would cause this as the only thing on Grid 1,1 is the Kraken I believe ?

Unless their last patch changed something about the Endboss level.... That grid has a set SubLevel=EndBoss so the game knows it is suppose to spawn & no one has said there are any issues so ive no idea until someone else figures it out....

Ill have a look over the Map just to make sure nothing is missing but I dont think I made any mistakes as its only a case of adding Endboss into the config...

Ive checked over the Map file & could only see a single Txt error which wouldnt affect the map Only 1 of the epic spawns in Region 1 which would just not allow them to spawn... Couldnt see any other errors at all...

Download each Json & Server Json from each server & check to make sure there seemless ports are correct , I cant see why they wouldnt be as SS injects all that on Boot which is why when copying over moddified files you get crashes on the server....

Grid 1,1 has 2 Islands & The endboss, Ive heard people saying you can add islands to this grid but it will force all spawns to stop but it shouldnt cause a crash thats got to do with Ports, Reddis database & seemless ports.... which SS injects so ive no clue as to why sorry... Not sure why its working from the other 3 grids, Thats also confusing cos all 4 should crash if its the map itself...

Put in a support ticket as they will be able to check error logs & such...

Hey, have been running your map for a few days now, its amazing and working brilliantly. Only one small issue we've seen so far and that is in cell 1,1 we have noticed cyclops spawning about 50 ft above the ocean near but not on the island in the centre. They spawn in groups of 3 to 4 then fall into the ocean and disappear.

Thanks again.

Thats a Bug in the game as Epic spawns dont spawn Cyclops.... Not sure what to say haha.... Shame we cant change them for Gentle whales... Oooh If you upgraded your map without restarting then it will still think the old Islands are there ? Could it be that

Have removed Old file & Info so no one else installs the old version....

Hey there,

frist: great job!!! we love to Play you'r Maps!!!

Question:

is the fountain of youth quest working on this map? I can see the quest but don't know where it is, or where i have to look for
sorry for my bad english

best wishes
Smics

Its spawn is 100% Random, I would suggest turning the ageing off given these are custom maps & theres NO real way for me to know if that is even spawning correctly.... You only see it if your older than 90, Then it spawns on the same PVE Island for 48 hours at which point it switches to a new Island...

Subbota

Hay Tallon, 

Do you know if the Fountain of youth quest is active this map? also do you know what map has wheat on it? 

Thanks 

If you change the advanced launch parameters on the A2 server to always spawn the fountain of youth I've confirmed that it will show up on the southeast island.  It's in a cave near a shipwreck on the southern side of the island.

Subbota

If you change the advanced launch parameters on the A2 server to always spawn the fountain of youth I've confirmed that it will show up on the southeast island.  It's in a cave near a shipwreck on the southern side of the island.

That was for the Enslaught map.  It looks like in Ridgeway the same island is at the southwest corner of B1 and the entrance should be on the north side of the island.

Yeah its the way the Txt is formatted when the Json files are written too, Everything still works as it should.... Youll find that inside the Code for the stones will be extra \\\\ that arent meant to be there.... Its a Bug that sometimes happens & sometimes not as far as ive noticed...

Ive Fixed & updated to v1.2 if you just want the new code download open copy paste to your own Json file.... Grid editor, File edit then copy paste the stones code....

Good to go! Might actually use this map even though we won't be able to do the Kraken.

Thanks a bunch Talon, you are the best. Love messing around on your maps. Saved me hours of making my own as I would of gone that far if I didn't find any i liked.

Ive noticed it doesnt rain much in temp zone, there was a patch atlas had recently which tamed down temp swings i think plus I noticed you tamed down temp swings as well. Is there a way I can remove the code you put in for the temp swing? I need more rain :P

CustomDatas1

CustomDatas2

All that code is there in the Json file..... Open in Editor load up that part for each grid & remobe the rain line & its number

FULL CUSTOM DATA LINES THAT CAN BE USED......

NPCShipDifficultyMult,NPCShipDifficultyLerp,NPCShipNumMult,RainIntervalMultiplier,DisableFog,DisableHeatCold,FloatsamEnabled,FloatsamQualityMultiplier,TreasureBottlesEnabled

The lower the number on Rain the more you get..... This isnt the same for all as some are backwards & the number goes up lol....

1.35 set this too around 0.95 which will double it......0.35 quadruples the rain......

Set the 0.75 to 1.35 this will half the speed of any Ghostship or boss..... Lower the number the quicker there speed & turn raitio

Thanks, between your info and some more research I got an idea on these values now.

I'll mess with them until I find what I like. As for the ghost ships values, I know that ill need to dinowipe to test but for the other values they will change on a normal restart correct? I don't need to wipe for this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, a question if you don't mind.  I'm looking to put together a custom map and was curious where you found that tool that checked you had all resources and animals?  Is that something specific to this hosting service or something else?

Thanks

We've been running this map for about a month and I was just curious if you have any idea about how the major update will affect the map. I love that we're able to do all the content on our map but with the new ocean trench biome I don't know how it'll affect current maps.

Ive had 0 updates for the Editor yet.... SO not sure if there out & Live... as for how it will affect the map if its a specific thing that needs adding it wont be there obviously & if its Retro in its update then it will, I wont know till they say..

• 5 weeks later...

Curious.... Now that the map editor is available, has this been tested to see what changes need to be made to have all Resources and entities?

II suspect new maps will need to be made in order to include new content.
I am curious as to whether the map tool has even been updated to allow new content maps to be created yet.

Anyone know?
Perhaps I should poke around...