Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

The World Of ATLAS Ultimate 1X1 Map 1,600,000 Units

Tallon

5 Days of play testing & Editing has ended up with this :) Custom Map Ive run this map on my server now for a few hours, Ive been round all the different Islands & found NO anomalies of any kind...

8 Collectable Power-Stones  The 8th stone being the (Ghost-ship)

19 Explorer Notes

24 Islands to complete 100% Animals & Resources

7 PVE Islands (Removed the Cay_EE_PVE as it was way to big & compensated by using the Ghost-ship)

Custom Sky-Box & Water Colour

View Of The Map

MapImg.jpg

Link To v1.2 Updated (Requires A Fresh Start)

https://tinyurl.com/y9gq59kc

Download Link v1.3

http://tinyurl.com/y4k9nr4q

This was made to compensate as best as possible to anyone who cant afford to run multiple servers like myself, It includes 99% of everything needed, Only thing that is missing is the End-Boss spawn which requires its own Cluster in order to work properly... So with this map you have 24 Islands to find & discover, 8 Possible stones to collect & plenty of Ocean, Ive tested the distance & there Not swim-able which to me is enough of a gap to maximize Islands & things to find..

Please Note this map is 200,000 Units larger than is Recommended, I Tried 2,000,000 & then 1,800,000 & finally ended up at this with no issues that I could see during testing..

UPDATE v1.3 Added Trench had to move Islands so this will require a fresh start which is advisable anyway given the last patch..

If I remember correctly theres 2 NPCship routes, 2 Trader routes & 1 Ghost-ship route BUT by default as I do with all my maps is I set the NPC strength & amount down by 50% & knock their overall speed & turning down by 25%

NPCShipDifficultyMult = Multiplier for difficulty..

NPCShipDifficultyLerp = Speed at which there allowed to go & turn..

NPCShipNumMult = Amount of ships spawned at any given time..

Anything can be changed, Ive no quarrels with anyone Modifying the original Json to suit there needs... So Routes yes you can remove or add if your familiar with the Grid Editor..

Just be careful what you change cos if you get errors I need to know that its My map & not something done after :)

Untitled.png

The fountain of youth can only spawn on specific PVE Islands meant to be used on a Full Grid..... I personally would use the code in the Game.ini to disable aging.... but to answer your question there are PVE Islands on there so Technically they can & should spawn once a player over 90 goes to it... But given the fact that even on Official servers people are having Major problems again id advise youd disable it....

bUseStaticCharacterAge=true

Thanks for the map, so far I have put a couple days in it and ran into no major issues yet.

My question I have for you is in the post you explain that there are 8 power stones with the 8th being the ghost ship.

On my map I see 8 power stones plus the ghost ship being #9. The 8th power stone is on the top left for me and the 4th power stone is in the middle next to the ghost ship. I haven't traveled to these yet but wanted to see if you could explain how this works or if my map is bugged before I put in more time?

https://i.imgur.com/lC8FkD0.jpg- picture of my map - ghost ship on the middle island?

Also, what is the difference in the v1.1 link you have. I can't load the servergrid.json into mapeditor (gives error) for the 1.1 version so I've been using the first version you posted above it.

The powerstones / Ghostship / Kraken config is difficult to get right because it needs to be in place even if the stones, Islands & so on isnt.. say you only have anough space to place 7 PVE Islands, CAY_EE PVE is massive & overblown & nearly takes a hole grid to itself, God knows why they didnt scale it properly but they didnt so its akward... The Config must contain all info even if that Island or stone is missing.... Plus if the stone or island is missing in order to still get the Note it has to be there in some form....lol Complicated like I said...

Theres probably lots of small mistakes within each map as ive had to learn as I went along which is all I can do with my spare time....

Ill reload v1.1 today & have a look at it......

4th Powerstone is the CAY_EE Island, The massive one, if thats missing in the map number 4 is missing....

I appreciate your effort and even if it doesn't work correctly this map is more then enough for me.

I will look forward to your 1.1 re upload though as I would like to get that version on my server. I just noticed that the 1.1 wouldn't load on my map editor so I decided not to use it, even though I don't do any modifications to the json generally.

Thank you

The Editor changes the format of the Json so some times it errors.... It was spoke of before [] instead of {} Ive updated 1.2 & remember these larger maps are suppose to be experimental as there bigger in size... The best Map to play on a single cluster is probably the Explorer notes one.... I figured myself from tinkering that the Minimum best set up to play Atlas would be the 2x2 as this allows for everything to be included, Even the Kraken spawn...

Thank you, I most likely will switch to the explorer note after your advice or pay more money and go with one of your 2x2 setups although playing by myself and one other person that might not be realistic for us.

I'm not really too concerned about all the end game content being in the 1x1, just want to make sure its stable and have a few PVE islands for us to explore and mess with. So sounds like the explorer notes version might be the best route for us.

We decided we are going to give this one a go with a fresh wipe after your update today, thanks again. Will let you know if I encounter any major bugs but after you explained how the powerstones work with your setup (4 not being used) it all makes more sense. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Stop server, Log in Via FTP, Download my file, Open it up onto your desktop, drag the 2 files & the folder & drop them into the shootergame folder...... then select homeserver in the checkbox...... & clean cmd clean mod folder clean save folder & restart.....

Youve missed 1 of the steps to clear everything... you can also delete those 2 files & folder from the server & then copy mine over...sounds like the old map is still cached....

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there!

First of all, a big thanks for that wonderful map. It looks very nice, although I have some trouble to get it to work properly.

I can access the map, everything works fine, except that no animals/ships/etc will spawn.

I'm at G-Portal, where it is not possible to upload files directly to the shootergame folder via FTP. They have a map upload tool in their backend, but there it is only possible to upload the normal servergrid.json and the server grid folder with the two images. I don't have the option to upload the servergrid.serveronly.json.

Maybe that is the problem?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

The problem is with how G-Portal have the settings in the GUI. There is a setting called "DinoCountMultiplier" in the basic settings tab. Make sure that is set to something like 1.0 or 1.5 and you will get spawns.

Yeah I too noticed restrictions with Gportal which I why despite there good rep I didnt use them for hosting, Theres been a few things they dont allow when it comes to Custom stuff.... Make sure you killwilddinos too so they reset

• 1 month later...

Tallon

will you be updating this map with the new content? Biomes/Trench and such?

its a great little map for playing around on, a few water texture issues around the edge by some of the islands, but over all great.

I wasnt planning on it no but thats only due to the fact Ive no idea if I could even fit the Trench due to the lack of space, Yes the outside edges will suffer from slight overlap due to the increased size... which is why I settled for 1.6 as it was the best in-between measurement.... Ill have a look at it later & see if its possible..... As for Biomes this isnt possible due to it only being a single server map I could only choose 1 Biome...

Hey, so a friend of mine and I started using this map. We also added the trench with the use of a grid editor by moving a couple of other islands and removing a couple of small islands aswell.(https://github.com/GrapeshotGames/ServerGridEditor/wiki) although we haven't actually gotten to try the trench stuff yet, so we don't know if it worked. 

We've met with an issue about about double or triple the amount of enemies spawning on treasure maps, no matter the quality. Is this something that can be linked to the map?

MapImg.jpg

Thats gonna cause Massive over lapping, I see 6 Islands, When I originally built this I made sure nothing over lapped, The ONLY issue is with the very outer edge being slightly Glitched due to the over sizing of the map... The way uve done that your gonna get spawn issues as well as the over lapping which will cause problems especially as you build.... Ill have a look at it today & see if I can move stuff around...

This is what I have so far, abit cramped but no over lapping

Untitled.png

Not starts with last version of map you're uploaded.

Game load stops on PrimalGameData_BP section and never starts.

Awesome map and awesome work :D

Greetrings

Is that a fresh install ?

I only ask cos Ive checked the map & cant see any obvious error on my part, Not saying I havent missed something but if I have I aint seeing it..

Is that a fresh install ?

I've removed "Saved" data folder completely. It's enough?

greetings

I've removed "Saved" data folder completely. It's enough?

greetings

Hi,

Now I used a completely fresh installation (including steamcmd and new machine), confirmed, map now working.

:D

Greetings!

I am testing out some changes I made to your map, I haven't moved the Discovery points yet, not really necessary. For whatever reason parts of the map you made aren't rendering properly the top left island doesn't render animals or terrain, just a land mass so I moved all the islands in from the border as a lot of them had water render issues on the backside. I added in the missing power stone island, and changed a few of the small ones for my favorite small island. https://imgbbb.com/image/9DaOp