Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

3X3 The World Of Zion + PowerStones + Kraken

Tallon

3X3 The World Of Zion + PowerStones + Kraken

Custom Map 3x3 Cluster, 2x Home-ports @ 0,0 & 0,2 Plenty of Trade Routes along with all 8 Power Stones plus all 19 Explorer Notes.. Ive added the GhostShip plus EndBoss location but ive NO way to test this so My Bad if for some reason it doesnt work..

Whats On The Map

A total of 72 Islands

8 Power Stone Discoveries

19 Explorer Notes

6 Biome Zones

4 Separate Trade Routes

Customized settings for each Biome

NPC Over-Writes

Over 30 Total Discoveries (Including 4 Hidden)

100% Resources + 100% Animals

This is Experimental in the sense there may be small mistakes that ive NO way of checking for so USE at your own risk, At best theres No issues at worst you mention what is wrong & ill attempt to fix it & Update.. I cant help with setting this up lol.

( 0,0 / 0,1 / 0,2 / 1,0 / 1,1 / 1,2 / 2,0 / 2,1 / 2,2 )

View Of The Map

MapImg7efb8e2f9f83877c.jpg

Link To Download v1.3

https://tinyurl.com/ydbba857

Download Link v1.3

https://tinyurl.com/y5pplwod

Updates If Needed:

v1.1 Changed the Layout to give the End-boss its own Grid...

v1.2 Fixed CustomDatas1/2 for Power Stone entries into Islands

v1.3 Fixed Explorer Notes 20 & 29

v1.4 Added Trench & Re-Arranged Islands

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to post something about my recent experience with this map. I own 4 of the servers and my friend owns 5. I finally was able to get in and get all the servers loaded correctly and working except for A3 (0,2). I realize this probably has nothing to do with the map, but I am at a loss. 

The strangest thing happens, whenever we transition to A3, it times you out and kicks you from the server. If you try to connect, it gives you the time out error, but when you click OK you can log in. First time logging into the A3 I lost my character and had to recreate. I assume this is because it is a home server and something weird happened in the database. 

I created a new character and now every time I go to transition into A3, I get the time out error. I can eventually get into the server as described above, but when transitioning out of A3 it works fine. I have wipe the server, reset the template and reinstalled the files (grid and JSON). I cleaned the saves, steamcmd and even moved the server to a different datacenter to see if that would help. Nothing I have done has fixed the timeout problem. 

Once you are in the server, you can play like normal and all my mods and settings are fine. Player position on the map works as well and spawning into that region on a boat bed works. Just for some reason we get the odd timeout issue coming into the zone.

Otherwise the map looks great and we haven't had any other problems at all. 

Yeah the Discord im on to do with Map building & the game mentions this alot, Its a Reddis database error, Some people have had to reset there database in order to fix the Issue as its a Core issue with the game itself from what I understand... Deleting the Character save wont be enough as the ReddisDB file holds all that info in Cache..... Its a pain in the ass cos some people have run the maps perfectly without issues & some the odd 1 or 2 have had issues transitioning between grids.....

I figured as much. Do you have a link where I could look up how to reset the database? I am not sure we want to do that right now, but might be worth looking into. Thanks again, Tallon. 

https://discordapp.com/channels/526792523310563339/527288628527759360

This is the Discord group, May be an idea to join as they do have people in most areas of this... As for deleting it is the ONLY way to rmeove any issues as even recopying everything still keeps the Cache....

I am sorry it not working properly for you, Bit of a Bitch that it doesnt just work lol.....

Thanks man and no worries, bound to be bumps here and there with early access and etc. 

Off the topic of the database, did you change anything with the map in the way of frequency of the rain on your map? We have noticed it rains a lot more often than the custom 2x2 I was running. Maybe we are crazy, but I wasn't sure if you baked in a change for that or not. 

Oh, I found a way to connect to the live database and solve my character issues. So we didn't have to wipe, which was awesome. I just removed the multiple database entries for my character and boom, we are in business!

Can you place a detailed explanation of this method for other please, Thanks, I will add it to future updates with Credit...

Rain Freq is Customdatas2 change the number to a higher value say 1.35 which will be just under half that of Official..

RainIntervalMultiplier

1.35 I wouldnt put it any higher than 1.50 which would be 50% less....

Can you place a detailed explanation of this method for other please, Thanks, I will add it to future updates with Credit...

Sure I will write something up today or tomorrow. Thanks for the rain explanation!

Epic spawns have 2 over rides, 1) Inside the Epic spawns within the Json edit field, 2) When setting a default Weather system there are built in to the code..... Its been a while since I made this Map but im pretty sure I select centre grids as Equa & the rest a different one each....

Im using the same code on mine & have seen, Squids, Mermaids & the Gentle whale, Havent seen the Monster version yet but not sure if there deeper...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Tallon.

May I ask why you got the same argument twice but both with different settings?

"ClientCustomDatas1": "OceanDepthFadeExponent,OceanWaterScatterIntensity,OceanDepthFadeExponent,",
      "ClientCustomDatas2": ",-0.75,0.035,-5.0,",

Cheers,

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@Tallon I really like this map, and I'm looking to implement it into my 3x3 that I have running. I've noticed as we run bug tests, there seems to be an issue in c1 with mnt_y_wu_pve, where there is an invisible barrier and floating animals. I'm not sure if the bug is .json related or server related. please advise

I only do Even maps sorry... You could load my 3x3 & then ajust it to 4x4 keeping the ones dead that you dont use..

Tallon,

Do you think the 3x3 would be fine to host on a machine with 32gb RAM, I7 6820? or do you recommend running a 2x2 and craming all the islands I want to play in those grids? I'll only have a max of 4 people on server at any given time. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This map on my server has the Purple Power Stone Island on C1 completely void of anything on the island. No powerstone, animals, buildings or creatures. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2019 at 14:42, jokasty said:

hola, podrías subir el proyecto editado con la nueva versión del editor de cuadrícula del servidor, no puedo cargarlo, recibo un error y las islas sin tierra y los animales salen volando, gracias

A mi tambien me pasa si alguien sabe porque se lo agradeceria

On 7/2/2019 at 21:36, djstaid said:

Solo quería publicar algo sobre mi experiencia reciente con este mapa. Poseo 4 de los servidores y mi amigo posee 5. Finalmente pude ingresar y cargar todos los servidores correctamente y funcionar, excepto A3 (0,2). Me doy cuenta de que esto probablemente no tiene nada que ver con el mapa, pero estoy perdido. 

Lo más extraño sucede, cada vez que hacemos la transición a A3, te desconecta y te expulsa del servidor. Si intenta conectarse, le da el error de tiempo de espera, pero cuando hace clic en Aceptar puede iniciar sesión. La primera vez que inicie sesión en el A3 perdí mi personaje y tuve que volver a crear. Supongo que esto se debe a que es un servidor doméstico y algo extraño sucedió en la base de datos. 

Creé un nuevo personaje y ahora cada vez que hago la transición a A3, aparece el error de tiempo de espera. Eventualmente puedo ingresar al servidor como se describió anteriormente, pero cuando salgo de A3 funciona bien. Limpié el servidor, restablecí la plantilla y reinstalé los archivos (grid y JSON). Limpié los archivos guardados, steamcmd e incluso moví el servidor a un centro de datos diferente para ver si eso ayudaría. Nada de lo que he hecho ha solucionado el problema del tiempo de espera. 

Una vez que esté en el servidor, puede jugar como de costumbre y todas mis modificaciones y configuraciones están bien. La posición del jugador en el mapa también funciona y el desove en esa región en el lecho de un barco funciona. Solo por alguna razón, tenemos el extraño problema de tiempo de espera entrando en la zona.

De lo contrario, el mapa se ve muy bien y no hemos tenido ningún otro problema. 

That is due to the configuration of ports, some of the ones you put in that quadrant must be used by another program and that is why it expels you from the server