Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

2X2 Full Pve Enslaught v1.3 Complete

Tallon

(QuestEntries=((QuestID=0,CompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Icon_PowerStonesQuest_Complete.Icon_PowerStonesQuest_Complete',UncompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Icon_PowerStonesQuest_Uncomplete.Icon_PowerStonesQuest_Uncomplete',QuestName=\"Voyage of Power\",QuestDescription=\"Journey across the ATLAS to hunt for the Power Stones, and then bring them to the Center Maw!\",UnlockFeatNames=(\"Dance10\"),QuestPointsOfInterest=((PointOfInterestID=0,PointOfInterestName=\"Power Stone 1\",UnlockFeatNames=(\"Dance1\"),WorldMapPosition=(X=0.065089,Y=0.056140),CompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon.Item_InfinityGem_Icon',UncompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon10.Item_InfinityGem_Icon10'),(PointOfInterestID=1,PointOfInterestName=\"Power Stone 2\",UnlockFeatNames=(\"Dance2\"),WorldMapPosition=(X=0.929251,Y=0.063767),CompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon2.Item_InfinityGem_Icon2',UncompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon10.Item_InfinityGem_Icon10'),(PointOfInterestID=2,PointOfInterestName=\"Power Stone 3\",UnlockFeatNames=(\"Dance3\"),WorldMapPosition=(X=0.433047,Y=0.439658),CompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon3.Item_InfinityGem_Icon3',UncompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon10.Item_InfinityGem_Icon10'),(PointOfInterestID=3,PointOfInterestName=\"Power Stone 4\",UnlockFeatNames=(\"Dance4\"),WorldMapPosition=(X=0.434064,Y=0.936125),CompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon4.Item_InfinityGem_Icon4',UncompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon10.Item_InfinityGem_Icon10'),(PointOfInterestID=4,PointOfInterestName=\"Power Stone 5\",UnlockFeatNames=(\"Dance5\"),WorldMapPosition=(X=0.927929,Y=0.929150),CompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon5.Item_InfinityGem_Icon5',UncompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon10.Item_InfinityGem_Icon10'),(PointOfInterestID=5,PointOfInterestName=\"Power Stone 6\",UnlockFeatNames=(\"Dance6\"),WorldMapPosition=(X=0.560785,Y=0.563022),CompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon6.Item_InfinityGem_Icon6',UncompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon10.Item_InfinityGem_Icon10'),(PointOfInterestID=6,PointOfInterestName=\"Power Stone 7\",UnlockFeatNames=(\"Dance7\"),WorldMapPosition=(X=0.566582,Y=0.932862),CompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon7.Item_InfinityGem_Icon7',UncompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon10.Item_InfinityGem_Icon10'),(PointOfInterestID=7,PointOfInterestName=\"Power Stone 8\",UnlockFeatNames=(\"Dance8\"),WorldMapPosition=(X=0.741916,Y=0.736984),CompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon8.Item_InfinityGem_Icon8',UncompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/Item_InfinityGem_Icon10.Item_InfinityGem_Icon10'),(PointOfInterestID=8,PointOfInterestName=\"Power Stone 9 - Ghost Ship Route\",UnlockFeatNames=(\"Dance9\"),WorldMapPosition=(X=0.000000,Y=0.000000),CompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/HUD_GhostShip_Icon_Complete.HUD_GhostShip_Icon_Complete',UncompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/HUD_GhostShip_Icon.HUD_GhostShip_Icon'),(PointOfInterestID=9,PointOfInterestName=\"Bring all 9 Power Stones to Center Maw\",WorldMapPosition=(X=0.000000,Y=0.000000),CompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/HUD_BossLocation_Icon_Complete.HUD_BossLocation_Icon_Complete',UncompletedIcon=Texture2D'/Game/Atlas/UI/Icons/HUD_BossLocation_Icon.HUD_BossLocation_Icon')))))

Edit the Json & replace the TXT, Ive just checked & the Editor has placed extra commas & "" grrr...... Not sure why it does that when you Genorate the stones config....

It will probably cause the map to not load, Ive tried a few small changes & even changing the Txt for the power stones stops the map from loading sometimes, Other times its ok so id say ONLY update if your wiping & starting fresh... The differences between 1.7 & v1.8 were only small

You can do a FULL backup on your servers, & Edit the code changed as did the other person BUT only if you know what your doing...

To do this youd, Do a FULL backup of all 4 servers, Download the Json file for the 1st server, Add it to the editor & then click Edit once loaded bottom right youll see the Quest txt remove all that & only that & copy paste what ive put a few comments up making sure you then click file & SAVE...... Recopy the Json back to the server..... Do this for all 4 servers SEPARATELY...... DO NOT copy the 1st Json to all 4 servers..

Yeah the only changes were to the Quest code, Didnt realize that the Generation program I was using was seriously Bugged & was adding extra Commas, Backslashes & other grrr lol

I think ive only changed 1 Maps layout & this was due to 1 Island overlapping with another which wasnt obvious until I greened out the map area to test, wasnt this map though :)

From what I understand if you mess with the Map in any way after first install it will mess up the Harvesting of that Island, Can I assume youve updated the map or moved an Island after first install..... Thats the Only thing I know causes that...

Firstly, thankyou so much for going to the trouble of making this map. You are awesome. Secondly does this map contain the new giant craps and deep sea trench?

Thanks in advance

From what I understand if you mess with the Map in any way after first install it will mess up the Harvesting of that Island, Can I assume youve updated the map or moved an Island after first install..... Thats the Only thing I know causes that...

I think this happens because I have been up grading my map when you put out updates. I can get it i fixed I just have to "Delete" the issland and re add it to the map. 

Firstly, thankyou so much for going to the trouble of making this map. You are awesome. Secondly does this map contain the new giant craps and deep sea trench?

Thanks in advance

these options are not available yet they are part of an up coming upgrade

Just  a quick question.. we are looking at putting this map on our server tonight.. do all the islands have unique names in game or do they show up with their names such as CAY_E_CL type thing.

This is one of my Earlier Maps when I was first learning them so it is missing a lot of things, As for the Island names they are default as the only way to properly rename them messes up the editor so ive tried to leave that alone when doing them... Sometimes theres like 4 or 5 maps all being worked on & it gets to confusing lol... I was going to Update this but as people are already running it I figured id use what ive learnt & do a completely fresh map with as much as possible but not uploading that till later today as theres still a fair bit to finish yet....

New Map is a 2x2 with all explorer notes, All power stones with correctly placed Islands as well as the Ghostship & Kraken, It wasnt possible a few weeks ago to get all that onto a 2x2 as I didnt know the editor well enough.. If you dont mind waiting then id suggest you wait.....

Started using this map on our server yesterday. Have a few questions. 1st, how can i adjust the temperature swings? Raising a baby is almost impossible(like official). And 2nd, do you know if there are pure metal nodes to harvest? Silver, Tin, Iron, ect...

Thank you

Metal Nodes are Island specific, Not something I can change... The Temp swings are Hard coded im afraid.... I have already done what I can using CustomDatas1 to Negate the stupid Heat/Cold.... Cant do anything about the Breeding which is why someone is already working on Modding it out ...

Sounds good. Ill do what i can then. lol. Just explored a few islands without nodes so I wanted to ask. So far things look great. Just saw you posted a new one so Ill have to check with my fellow players and see if they want to switch.  Thanks

Yeah decided to make a new 2x2 that was more streamlined & more complete with what ive learnt... Still hasnt been live server tested yet though lol... A single player option in this game would of been nice for that purpose.... Yes I know about the other option but my router doesnt allow NAT looping...

Just a heads up, we've lost two schooners zoning into A1 from A2.  The south middle island is really close to the zone border and when you zone in at full speed you hit it!  You can't stop and you can turn in time. My group has even discussed placing buoys along the zone wall to mark safe zone areas :) 

Tallon,

I just put your 2x2 map on our servers but we are unable to create companies and have users join. Any thoughts on what would cause this issue? I have made no changes to the map files

Yeah this 1 is a little cramped.... But was quite new to building the maps which is why the other day I did a completely new 2x2 built with everything ive learnt so far... This version is pretty redundant now that that is online as it contains everything that the Official servers do Bar the 255 servers lol... Back when I made this there was know way to know if an Island over lapped or peaked into another zone were as now there is a way to check...

On the Company prob Im not 100% sure if thats maybe a Reddis problem or the map itself but I would advise you switch to my newest 2x2 as its way more complete than this....

Tallon,

I cleared the CMD folder, Mods folder, saved folder and then did an update\validate and that fixed the no company issue. There is still an issue with the ingame map not showing islands. If you go to an island the map is still showing only water so the only Island that is showing up on the map is the Free port\starter island. Do you know of a fix for the map?

Updated the full map with everything I know, Only thing missing is the Endboss which wont fit... Also set Floatsam at around 20% so when grabbing Floating Crates from the see there should be approx 20x difference from normal....Coins that is lol

If installing this the best thing to do is, Stop all servers, , set the X & Y so bottom left is homeserver.... Top left top right bottom right arent.....

Copy Both Json files as well as the folder into the shootergame folder via FTP....... Then restart using all clean commands & update/validate

Tallon

First of all I just wanted to say you did a excellent job putting this map together, kudos to you Sir.  I do have a couple of questions for you since we are using the 1.7 version of the map you initially put out.

1) To fix the Quest Entry, does this require a wipe? or can we just change the text in the json and re-apply?

I noticed in ver 1.9 now you have moved the A1 islands that were causing an issue at the border, darn icebergs made for some nasty crashes at the border crossing.  I also noticed you removed one of the smaller islands in the north end of A2. 

2)  If the islands at the bottom of A1, and the one you removed in A2 had no structures previously built on them, could we put down your newest map ver 1.9 without losing any structures from any of the other islands? Or did you move anything else on the grid?

and finally 3)  On the new 1.9 map you said the only thing missing is the Endboss.  I am going to assume you are referring to the Kraken?  

and a comment for the crabs and deep sea trench.... I imagine that trench will show up at some point as an actual Island for placement.

Thank you again for your hard work on this Tallon

Ok I will say 1st off NOTHING in this game is 100% set, You should be OK changing just the quest code BUT I have tested this 4 times & 1 of the times caused a crash so im afraid it would be a case of Backing everything up before you try....

Again moving Islands has the same affect, It should just work providing nothing has been built, No claim flags are down, NO Boats are there, Again its a hit n miss with Atlas & id probably suggest doing a Backup first....

Kraken requires an Entire grid to itself in order to work & even then its Iffy at best.... Deepsea Trench is an Official thing so should just spawn unless its an actual Island in which case i will be modifying my maps to include it..... Crabs they are just spawns which when applied will auto happen...

The biggest issue right now are the small bugs in the Editor as this is also Alpha which is why my maps despite the time put in can & probably will have mistakes... All I can do is take time to fix issues as & when they are found knowing that in most cases it would require a fresh start, Thats not something I can fix which is a shame but I think most issues arise from the Core files not so much the maps...

Tallon,

Is there a way to change the island names without causing problems? Also how can you determine what resources\animals are on each island? Is there a setting on the jason file?

You can Rename Islands when creating the Json map BUT this renames all files so you will no longer be able to load any map with an original name & vice versa... You can Use Disco zones to name Islands which is the best way... Resources & animals are coded im afraid.... I myself & others have tried over writing spawns but as of yet ive not been able to get it to work, Only way to change this is with the Dev kit...