Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

2X2 Full Pve Enslaught v1.3 Complete

Tallon

If im correct the Fountain of youth can spawn on any PVE island as it rotates every so many days..... Also wheat tends to be on the PVE Islands but there are a few that also have it, Best thing is to Wiki that ....

Hay Tallon, 

Do you know if the Fountain of youth quest is active this map? also do you know what map has wheat on it? 

Thanks 

If you change the advanced launch parameters on the A2 server to always spawn the fountain of youth I've confirmed that it will show up on the southeast island.  It's in a cave near a shipwreck on the southern side of the island.

If you change the advanced launch parameters on the A2 server to always spawn the fountain of youth I've confirmed that it will show up on the southeast island.  It's in a cave near a shipwreck on the southern side of the island.

How hard was it to run the cave? 

It was easy.  Go in without equipment and expect to die after activating the fountain because the things in the cave are very high level.  I had to jump over a spider and hit E mid-jump to get it the first time.  The second time I led a friend in and I aggroed the nasties away the fountain so he could get a more clear run at it.  But I got it first try and he only needed two because a wolf outside the cave cornered him.

Talon, I've decided to switch to this 2x2 after getting some more servers instead of using your 1x1. Quick question, you can build in freeport areas without having ships decay faster on private servers correct? I know on the official servers your ships decay in freeports, but I believe this isn't the case on this setup correct?

Thanks for your hard work, so far loving this 2x2.

If I remember Correct Ive added the Decay line into the Json itself yes , I do this on all my maps by default but ud have to check to be 100% sure....

& this is the map you should run in my opinion

https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6882-2x2-ridgeway-19-explorer-notes-power-stones-kraken/

This is the newest 2x2 ive made with everything I know.....

Yeah im not 100% sure why certain Islands Glitch, The one thing I will say is ive done my homework to the best of my ability & even used Greened out map files.. Those show the max area of any given Island to stop them from crossing borders

Tallon you are awesome. I think you are the only person in the world that truly understands these maps. Can you share your workflow on the "greened out map files"? I created islands in Server Grid Editor that correspond to the size in units of the islands I want to use (you are right CAY_C_EE_PVE is stupid large). For image I used a colored box image so they come out solid. Sounded like a great idea in my head but as I laid them out I realized that I have no reference in the island file to place it within my box islands. So, do we guesstimate? Do we create all the islands from scratch then change the image after its made (can you even do that and update and already placed island)? Or hopefully you have a much better workflow for island collision and server boundary verification. Please share if you do. 

Thanks for the maps, I have learned so much from you.

Tallon you are a STUD! This is excellent. Should be included in the GridEditor by the dev. Maybe just a toggle button that dynamically switches images. Or even better a "show island extents" check box like the discovery zone info.  But, this is great what you did here. This looks like you put a lot of work into it and I am very appreciative that you would share this with us. Really, this is just fabulous. Maybe now I can actually get a playable map up lol.

Thank you.

Not my work mate... was someone on the discord forum cos people were trying to cram as much into each grid as they could.. & obviously getting issues like yourself & I... hope they do the job

Thanks for passing it on. In any case I have been following your posts and you are the man. You do a lot of work for the community and I appreciate it. 

I have a question on your maps and ship paths. 

I noticed on your maps you have an NPCTrader and GhostShip specified, then a few blank paths. 

Are the blank paths for SOTD ships?

I notice these also have AutoSpawnEveryUTCInterval set to 0 on the blank ones.  Is that because SOTD is controlled by a BP so that the spawn rate and difficulty is set globaly?

Can you have more than one Ghost Ship instance?

I have not been able to find any resource that really goes over all the items in grid editor, most of them are like "lets read the button and then tell them what the button says". 

Anyway, thanks again. I got lost in the devkit and mods for a couple days there. Do you make mods for Atlas as well?

Yes & Yes...... & Ive never tried to have multiple Ghost ships but dont see why Not as the Instance in question calls the BPC from within the Map... Nope Dont mod using the Dev kit.... I only Mod Assembly, 7 days to die & a few other bits & bobs... I like Map making, I was one of the makers of the original Assault map from Valve back in the day using world craft.. Did work on Dust2 & a few others.... Getting old now & work from Home so just tinker with small things these days..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One issue we seem to be having. All the island soil types are "tropical" I've checked all the island types on the map.

No matter where I go to place a crop plot.

Whether on a thatch or wood foundation. All the soil types are tropical.

Also, crossing into the other grids results in negative skill points.

• 2 weeks later...

I would Imagine these maps will be oput of date due to all the Major patching... Before use it would probably be a good thing to load it up into the editor & resave, They all worked fine before these major changes so probably a good chance that those are causing strange things to happen

• 2 weeks later...

Quite fun map and thanks for it. Got it few days ago and i did resave it in editor but i encountered few issues and maybe you or someone else have idea what could be wrong.

Discoveries are not working at all, went trough whole 0,1 cluster, every island every corner of it and no discoveries are being triggered. Same happened on 1x1 map from you i found also here.

Second issue is there is no NPC-s at all on 0,1 cluster (home server) either, not sure how to check what could be wrong with that. NPC were in vilages in 1x1 map i mentioned earlier.

Third issues, probably not related with map but worth to mention is that no one playing on my server have working hammer, can repair with e but not with hammer itself.

Managed to put all quests except frost cave one, not sure there is island with that cave anyway on map.

Any help would be appreciated!

• 2 months later...
On 6/4/2019 at 6:35 AM, Tallon said:

I would Imagine these maps will be oput of date due to all the Major patching... Before use it would probably be a good thing to load it up into the editor & resave, They all worked fine before these major changes so probably a good chance that those are causing strange things to happen

@Tallon, are you still updating this map by chance?

• 2 months later...

Hi Tallon

first of all thank you for your map which is superb.

I installed your map but I have some problems with it.
- I have several islands that have no soil
- I do not have a freeport NPC
I wanted to know if it was nominal?

also what is the usefulness of the 2nd file?

thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...