Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

2X2 Full Pve Enslaught v1.3 Complete

Tallon

2x2 Full PVE Enslaught (Requires A Fresh Restart If Using)

Proof Of Coverage :)

Resources.png

Picture Of Whats The Grids Look Like :)

MapImg.jpg

This Custom Map is a 2X2 Grid setup, Ive Updated the map today adding in everything I could think of plus what was there before, Also fixed a few mistakes & Re-Arranged 1 Island so there's no over lapping.. 05/02/2019

Custom Island, Hand Crafted

Custom Spawner Over-Rides

Custom Ship Paths + Traders

Custom Global Over-Rides

Custom Epic Spawner Over-Rides

Custom Global Sea Spawner Over-Rides

Custom Sea Colour & Skybox

Each Biome is set to its own setting IE, Cold, Desert, Tropical & Tundra

19 Official Explorer Note Discoveries

9 Total Powerstones

Floatsam x20

Download File Below v1.9

https://tinyurl.com/ybolq23a

KEEP IN MIND IF SETTING THIS UP ON YOUR 4 SERVERS THE BOTTOM LEFT IS THE FREEPORT SO...

0 , 0 is upper left, 0 , 1 is lower left, 1 , 0 is upper right, and 1 , 1 is lower right

So we loaded up your map, and first off before anything else I would like to say THANK YOU for all your hard work setting up a 2x2 with all animals and resources, it must have been quite the chore.

However when we spawn in we are just dumped into the middle of a freezing ocean and no freeport in sight. Is there even a freeport on this grid anywhere at all? If not....why not? You need somewhere to fresh spawn and buy crew later til you can down some ships of the damned for better crew. This could just be a set up issue on my part but I am currently admin flying around and haven't spotted a single freeport island anywhere.

We keep having issues where when you die it tells you there's no home server even though there is. I might end up having to full wipe and try it all again fresh once I know what server is supposed to be the "Home Server" with a freeport, but I saw on the other post where someone else said no matter what server they ticked as the home server you always spawned in A1, which is what is happening to us, I initially changed it to B1 because one of the smaller islands in that quadrant looked like a freeport, but we still spawned freezing in the ocean in the middle of A1.

You have the X & Y Coords the wrong way round..... Check the Info on Survival Servers Cpanel.... HomePort is Lower Left by default Not Upper right... If you have it the wrong way round it will not see a freeport cos it will loading the wrong grid...

If someone at SS wishes to comment on this so I know how to set it up according to there site I will but for now the only thing I have to go on is their own picture...

The standard Survival Servers layout is 0 , 0 is the Freeport, so top left. I have made is so that 0 , 1 is the Home Server now to see if that will do the trick. Their coords seem to go 0 , 0 is upper left, 0 , 1 is lower left, 1 , 0 is upper right, and 1 , 1 is lower right. That is unless I am mental and not seeing it the right way at this point lol, but pretty sure that is right.

Ahh yeah, see when we first got the server I didn't change a single thing and our freeport was top left for some reason (without changing any settings and running their default JSON.)

I flew around all over and you've made one gorgeous map btw!

Alright so happy to report that changing that did work :) sorry for being so dense, just had to figure out which had the freeport :) thanks again for the amazing map.

Probably My bad also haha, I dont have Multiple servers so I have 0 experience in this Area, I could only go by what was on their page :) Glad you like the Map, Spent a good 10 hours on it getting it right & your welcome :)

The only thing I can't seem to get to happen right now is getting the map to look correctly, I made a .zip with all the pictures in it and uploaded it to each server via the Map Tiles portion and it's still the old map by looks of it, but it shows the discovery island names where there's no island lol.

Id do a full cmd wipe, save folder & what ever else there is lol. stop server copy over the 2 files & folder to each server & then restart..... I think someone else mentioned this about another server setup using the default, something to do with when it first loads up it caches everything, Ive proved this myself by doing just that & lots of old files are kept despite new ones put in place, only suggestion i have... In order for it all to be a clean install

Over-write the files with the server versions using FTP........ clean install, then restart & check...

I had no pb on Nitrado server, just put your "Main" server on the home grid and it's ok.

There is a small file that i did'nt use the "ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json", but i did just use the servergrid.json and the pictures.

I don't know where to put the other one.

I still don't see the pve quest but i didn't move from the freeport for the moment.

People asked for them to be removed, Totally forgot to put them back along with the weather system, Thanks for mentioning it.... If you wish to just edit your current Json  The Numbers in the 2nd line were changed....

NPCShipDifficultyMult,NPCShipDifficultyLerp,NPCShipNumMult,DisableFog,DisableHeatCold,FloatsamEnabled,ChanceForCold,ChanceForCold,

Or if youd rather re-download the file already updated you can do that although im not 100% sure if a full wipe would be needed....

Just in case you dont understand the numbers just represent an On Off stage or difficulty modifier like in ARK

Yeah I dont think SS would use my maps lol, If I thought they would id do a simpler version with as much stuff to make it nice but I think they have there own default setups... But thanks for the compliment...

Just a heads up, we come across a few islands in the top right (I will get you a map picture with what islands specifically later) that are mega glitched out (areas where you get caught in rubberbanding loops (like your getting stuck in terrain that's not there) and those same islands are non-harvestable. The non-harvestable thing I read a while back is caused by moving islands sometimes or something, can't recall exactly what it said. Will definitely get back to you one the exact islands and if I happen to find anymore. Not sure if anything can be done but those two islands are complete no goes atm with the rubberband/stuck thing and non-harvestable.

Just a heads up, we come across a few islands in the top right (I will get you a map picture with what islands specifically later) that are mega glitched out (areas where you get caught in rubberbanding loops (like your getting stuck in terrain that's not there) and those same islands are non-harvestable. The non-harvestable thing I read a while back is caused by moving islands sometimes or something, can't recall exactly what it said. Will definitely get back to you one the exact islands and if I happen to find anymore. Not sure if anything can be done but those two islands are complete no goes atm with the rubberband/stuck thing and non-harvestable.

I have had to move islands to make it so you could harvest again it appears to work 

Yeah im not 100% sure why certain Islands Glitch, The one thing I will say is ive done my homework to the best of my ability & even used Greened out map files.. Those show the max area of any given Island to stop them from crossing borders as this is the most dangerous thing you can do cos NO server can part load only a section of map... Let me know what you find & please take a pic using the original so I can see for defo which ones seem affected.... I know theres a couple of people running this & I havent had anyone say theres issues...

Thanks for bringing it to my attention though, I take it you havent messed with anything in the Json, You havent moved an Island using the editor or anything else like that just so I know...