Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARKON not working for Atlas

DrSmith

Folks, ARKON does not work for ATLAS. It may work for ARK and I have used it quite a bit for ARK. For ATLAS however ARKON quit working many patches ago and the developer does not seem to be interested in repairing it claiming it is an ARK problem.

I have verified this through a support ticket. I would think removing the link on the Atlas server page might be a good thing so that people don't go through unneeded frustration. 

I use it for Atlas - What issues were you having? I noticed it would disconnect a lot, but I was still able to connect and message the server which was all I needed it for. Didn't try doing any commands or things of that sorts. But for warning the server of a restart or even monitoring whose talking crap ;) it works fine. 

[16:46:18] Connected
[16:46:32] The server has stopped responding to RCON requests, reconnecting.
This is a bug within ARK which will hopefully be fixed soon
[16:46:33] Disconnected
[16:46:33] Connection lost ... Reconnecting
[16:46:37] Connecting...
[16:46:37] Connected
[16:46:52] The server has stopped responding to RCON requests, reconnecting.
This is a bug within ARK which will hopefully be fixed soon
[16:46:52] Disconnected
[16:46:52] Connection lost ... Reconnecting
[16:46:56] Connecting...
[16:46:56] Connected

Thats what I get so seems to be a bit less playful with Atlas lol This is constant it doesnt connect for more than a second then rolls another 20 or so lines like that..

I've been using ACCIon RCON. It's not as fully functional as some, but it allows me to shoot out messages when server updates need to happen to all servers. 

There was an app that I use to run which does everything, Bit more complicated to set up but that was quite some time ago now... ARKON is very simple.. Its a shame it doesnt work as it should...

Ive heard Reports that the Mobile version doesnt have these issues... You could try that, I would but my S7 Borked on its Android 8 update & had to be sent back to be properly patched... Odin couldnt fix it lol....

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using ACCIon RCON. It's not as fully functional as some, but it allows me to shoot out messages when server updates need to happen to all servers. 

how did you get that to work i downloaded it and all i get is a .rar file and no program