Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server "Starting" for 32 minutes...

jammin1911

Hi there, I'm new to survival servers and just trying to fire up my server for the first time.

I have no configured anything other than the name, my owner UID and set the mod to Oxide.

I clicked restart, which took a long time but was eventually successful.  Then I clicked "start" and that was 33 minutes ago now and I am not able to do anything and the server is not online.

I am getting this error message in the control panel:

Active task is running Your game server is currently working on task "start" which started 01/14/2019 16:28:58 PST. Control panel functionality will be limited until this task is completed.

I also cannot connect to the FTP, I am getting the following in the log.  The username and password should be correct because I copied and pasted them from the control panel.

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command: USER [removed]
Response: 331 User name okay, need password.
Command: PASS ********
Response: 530 Not logged in.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

It finished doing whatever it was doing however once it was done the server was still "Stopped".  I'm going to try again, I guess?

Look at the logs in your oxide folder and see where it is stopping at.

Try selecting No Mod in the oxide section of control panel, save the settings and restart and after it is loaded select oxide again and save settings and restart. If you still cannot get it going submit a support ticket and they can get you going.