Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Question about Patches ?

BartOates

Hey everyone - Was just curious if someone could clarify something for me, I apologize ahead of time if it's confusing or a stupid question (please be nice). When Atlas/Grapeshot push these patches out (with the several and many changes to balances/multipliers etc) are they actually changing the base game or are they just changing the server settings on Official servers? 

For example: They have this..

- Tamed Creatures take 20% less damage

Are these changes being made to the ini files on their servers? Let's say Tamed Creature Damage taken was set to 1 standarly in the ini files. Would I now see the value changed to .8 or did they make 1 represent the .8?

They don't really specify in the patch notes that I've seen but I might of missed something. 

Thanks for any clarification and help. 

They have to alter the core files then recook them, server inis are for configuring multiple instances, they give us the ability to try different configs.... They also have to alter the Dev kit if there is one so everything is the same for modders.... Its more complicated than this but this explains in a simple manner...

With the Ramp code they added this to the core files so we the gamers can configure either up or down or less or more & so on..

Yeah any of the patch changes are going into the unofficials 100%

They use the same server binaries that we do.

Only things that reference any ServerGrid.json / GameUserSettings.ini / Game.ini value change that is optional and they would likely be clear about that in the patch notes. Jat does a pretty good job at that.