Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

FTP Changes And Server Start, Stop, and Restart

Hershisquirt

I am trying to figure out the proper way of making sure changes to the config are applied to the server. Either the changes are delayed substantially or i am restarting/saving settings wrong. Typically I make a change to a file/s re-upload them to the FTP server then go into the control panel and near bottom where it says save settings and restart server and click that.

Also I noticed any edits made directly to the network file then doing this process seems to reset anything that was changed in the network file.

Right now my biggest issue is pressing stop, doesn't seem to stop the server. The other is that clearing/cleaning save file doesn't seem to regenerate a new world.

What am I missing?

When you start the server back up after making edits to files, be sure to select the "Start" button toward the wop right of your panel. If you select the button you have been, the edits will not take effect. When you are clicking "Stop" and the page refreshes, does the server indicate it is no longer running in the control panel?

• 4 months later...

Hey, I’ve noticed you didn’t mention changing SEED of new world.

You’d need to edit World Gen file with new seed,

But make sure to clear save file too, they don’t override.