Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Three identical starter islands on my server

DrSmith

As the title says, I have three of the six islands on my single server map that are identical starter islands. This would explain the lack of people playing on my server. Does anyone have a solution to repairing this problem before I open a support ticket?

This isn't a bug, it's a feature. So to speak. That's how all the official servers are. It's kind of their way of "instancing", because it would be too crowded if there were just one starter island, so there are 4 identical ones in a diamond shape. You can see them all over the official map if you look for them. However for a small private server it is very unnecessary, so I would also like to know if there's a way to get rid of them. One problem I can think of off the top of my head, is there's an NPC called a Ferryman that you can talk to to fast travel between the 4 islands. If there is only one, he might freak out and cause some bugs or crashes. I hear he has a short temper ;)

Haha. We don't want to piss off the Ferryman. Thanks for your response. I saw your other post pertaining to this matter. I will continue to pursue a way to make some changes to this and also hope for a solution from others.

If you find a way of safely opening up the default map for editing that would be cool or if someone has a map with more islands & only 1 starter area as private servers starting from 10 players need variety more than starter zones...