Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Multiple Server Linking

suzzette

Alright! Bear with my slow mind.

I ordered 4 extra servers to give me into the 3x3 grid. 

I know I need to put numbers in the grid x and y. However, the Atlas id? Does each server need it's own id and place into the home server separated by commas?

Can someone detail the steps here for me? The information on the ? part has me slightly confused.

To add to your question, are the slots split between the servers, or does each server operate independently? EX: 15 slots for each server, or 15 for all 9 servers?

I know I need to put numbers in the grid x and y. However, the Atlas id? Does each server need it's own id and place into the home server separated by commas?

Can someone detail the steps here for me? The information on the ? part has me slightly confused.

The Atlas ID is a number you generate for yourself.  You put that same number into all servers that you are associating to each other.  Remember to have one server with the check box "Home Server" checked.

To add to your question, are the slots split between the servers, or does each server operate independently? EX: 15 slots for each server, or 15 for all 9 servers?

It seems that each server has it's own player count.  So 15 for each server.

Yes, choose which map section you want from the grid and put its corresponding X,Y in the space you want it on your grid.  Make sure you have your 'main' or spawning server checked in the Home Server box and all of the others are unchecked.  Then create an ID or use the randomly generated one that should pop up in one of your new servers.  Make sure all the servers you want to link together are using that code.  Save and Restart and you should be good.  I had to start all the 'expansion' servers then restart my "home" server to get them all to mesh but it worked quite well.

currently trying to get a 2x2 server grid runing.. 1 server i bought a few days ago and a 3 server setup i bought a few hours ago

i copyed the atlas id from the 3 server order to the original and given the original server the missing 1x 1y grid number and it now shows up in atlas as a 2x2 grid with the home server the current place but i em unable to actually join the server. i keep getting a timeout error

anyone have any ideas of what to try?

also should all linked servers have the same name as home server? and i ditto what aryte asked. i have currently added a xp multiplier and taming speed modifier to each of the 4 servers manually which was quite a tedious process 

Aryte:  It appears that they are slaved to the home server at least from the bit I've been messing with them tonight.

Aivadarker:  I had the timeout issue initially, then I went back stopped all the servers, started all the expansion ones, then restarted my Home server and it seemed to fix the problem.  (no idea why, I was just trying stuff)

I gave the servers slightly different names Atlas, Atlas2, etc mostly for my sanity doesn't seem to affect the main server's .json.

Having a bit of a issue with pairing server, I purchased a single server at launch, and now trying to link a expansion server, just 1 for a total of 2 servers, but cant get them to connect, shows that they are online. Couple questions though, for the grid set up do i put X:0 Y:0 for home or X:0 Y:1 and for the expansion server X:1 Y:1, and for the Atlas ID can i just put whatever in it? or is there a generator for this? i cant seem to find one if there is.

Cheers,

Having a bit of a issue with pairing server, I purchased a single server at launch, and now trying to link a expansion server, just 1 for a total of 2 servers, but cant get them to connect, shows that they are online. Couple questions though, for the grid set up do i put X:0 Y:0 for home or X:0 Y:1 and for the expansion server X:1 Y:1, and for the Atlas ID can i just put whatever in it? or is there a generator for this? i cant seem to find one if there is.

Cheers,

The simplest would be to put 0,0 for your home server and 0,1 for your 2nd one.  Make sure the Home box is unchecked on your second server.  If you click on the little 'i' next to the Atlas ID box and read through it, toward the bottom there will be a randomly generated ID you can copy and paste to use if you like, or make your own.  Just make sure you use the same ID in both servers.  Mine didn't update properly until I restarted the Home server twice.

Thanks @Kjarstin This did work, it does show 2 servers now, But now i get a time out issue when trying to join. I will try and stop and restart the expansion servers like you mentioned in a earlier thread and see if that works.

Cheers,

Still Getting the Time out, if anyone has any ideas to fix, would be much appreciated.  8-)