Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Can't connect to server [megathread]

emomobile

My server is up and running, but it won't show up in the search list. I also cannot connect to it directly by adding +connect ip:port in the game launch options. It just immediately times out.

If I try to go back into the game via the "connect to last server" it ships me off to some random server, even though it says my server hostname. Not sure why that is, but as long as I use the favorites (Launch Steam > View > Servers > Favorites) then I am good to go. That is how everyone on my server is connecting currently. 

The only way we can connect to our survival server and back to our current character is through the server launch. If we try and go through Atlas rejoin to our server it gives us new character creation page. I assume it's a atlas game error as there are many complaints from other players on official servers that they have had to create new characters multiple times.

Hello,

Everytime I try to connect to the server wither from my steam favorite list or from the Launch button on my control panel, it gets stuck on "Attempting to to join server" or tells me "There's another pending session"  or it says "Lost connection to host" 

I can't seem to join the server, I tried to restart the server and everything. 

I managed to find my server in Steam via View>Servers. Punched in the IP and it came right up. Says 0/9 instead of 0/10 for some reason, but whatever. However, the second I try and connect to it, the server crashes.

If you have issues traveling between grids on password protected servers it's because you joined through Steam.

You need to join via in-game in order for password to work (according to devs, don't shoot the messenger)

• 3 weeks later...

Looked through this forum and still having issues connecting to my new Server, it shows as Started and all that... nothing comes up in the server list, and cannot connect to the server via any means.  Hoping someone can assist these issues.

post-8111-0-10272100-1548186439_thumb.png

Looked through this forum and still having issues connecting to my new Server, it shows as Started and all that... nothing comes up in the server list, and cannot connect to the server via any means.  Hoping someone can assist these issues.

It looks like your server is loading that can take 5-10 minutes after a restart. If it shows "ready" instead of loading and you still cannot connect make sure your server is updated to the current version.