Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server stops / server won't start [megathread]

rickdt

Honestly, you cannot be disappointed or unimpressed on a service that barely has started with these guys. They are working as fast as they can with most likely hundreds of orders, tickets and trying to implement things on their end.

I can say that they ARE working hard at it because they have worked on my partner and my server tickets around the clock. 

If you haven't tried this trick, give it a go. Make sure all servers have the same passwords if locked, same locations, ensure all servers are running a different grid x,y. Put them all to the same restart interval with custom restarts. I have mine set to restart at 3:00 AM PST. Ensure you put that Dropbox as "Never/Custom Restarts". Also, double check the Atlas ID while looking at each one. Try to rename your extra servers in some fashion of an order. Ours are label as "S.S. Realm 1" all the way to 4. This allows some calm in the insanity of checking each one. 

I know when I do the update to match the official server number I do this pattern. I open each server into a separate tab and work from the last server to the home. I have a total of 5 at the current moment and may order more in the future. 

Check the Clean SteamCMD folder box, drop the Atlas update to "Yes, run update/validate", and check the "reset template" box and last hit the restart and save. If you multiple servers, stop the home server and then do that to all child servers. Once those are finished and started, then go back and do the same for the home server and allow it to start. 

Just a reminder, it's an early release game. It's just a fancy word for alpha testing in my opinion. Patience is a much-needed virtue when dealing with the game as well as services that are new.

GAME SERVER ID #80849

Hi, paid for a server to test this game out but it hasnt started from a fresh install ? & as ive not run one of these before ive no idea why it wouldnt run from a fresh install after paying for the server ?

Any help would be great, I placed a ticked as I figured something was up...

havent been able to log in for about a day now presumably because i logged off on one of my additional servers and not the home server (everybody else is able to log in because they are logged into the home server), and now all my servers refuse to start. Anybody else having this problem?

I've used these guys for years and I know they do a great job. My server is only one grid. I've tried checking all the boxes, updating, restarting, etc. about a dozen times, and it doesn't work. I'll just have to wait for them to get to my support ticket I suppose. 

After figuring out my 2 servers weren't proper linked and changing the x/y  to 0/0 Homeserver 0/1Slave and doing the reset template and clean steamcmd I am still unable to get my Homeserver to launch.  I hit start and it fails 10 secs later.

edit: Support got me fixed up and good to go within 30 mins. 8-)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...