Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Characters keep getting lost while transferring

sneakysam

Has anyone else had this issue? Its happened probably 6 times on our cluster. When you transfer it just says create new character and there's no option to choose a bed. the characters aren't saved under the download character option either. 

As of this morning we've lost 8 characters when transferring between our cluster. No Tribute Downloads is unchecked across all three servers. Sam and I admin the cluster. 

77066 Extinction is clustered with Aberration server 77266 and Island server 78608.

It seems to be happening most on our island server, it's like the server is not saving the character after having been on the server for hours. We have a ticket that's been open since 12/18, #471985, but I don't think anyone has looked at the .ini's for the servers to see what the issue is as we've just been going back and forth. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the EXACT same problem on my server's, especially the Island . I've even had the server changed twice to a different machine. I even tested it over the holiday with a new profile, new character, everything with no luck. I had a character that did nothing but stay on the Island, never left. It lasted 3 days before it would no longer load, just stayed in bed. I lost 27 characters in 3 weeks a while back as well !!! It's super frustrating, and I've lost all my players now because of it. Good luck, hope you figure it out, because I've tried everything I can think of with no luck.