Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Custom DayZ Standalone Time

Capps

Hey all Capps here!

Since the release of DayZ Standalone there have been some requests out there to enable server owners to keep the time of day on their server set to certain point. For example some may want their server to always remain in daylight and others might want eternal darkness. So with that, I've gone ahead and written a small server side script to do just that! Lets dive right into it!

So that's great Capps, well what does this script do exactly?

• Great question, this script allows server owners to set a Start and End hour which their server will continuously loop through!
  • The best example is that it will allow for the server to always remain day time or night time or anywhere in-between. The times that the server loops through is entirely up to the server owner!

Okay enough already, tell us how to install this!

The installation is rather simple as the script is entirely server side! You can read the in-depth installation instructions here!

If you encounter any issues with the script please either post the issues/questions here or over on the Github page! 

-Capps

Should work with the update, possible that the code as removed from your servers init.c file and needs to be re-added!

i figured it out, i removed the scripts folder before updating and didnt add it back, whoops lol

• 2 weeks later...

Is there something different we must do now? In the script folder I have the cappstimeloop.c folder. But there isn't a void main(), any ideas?

The void main() can be found inside the init.c file! That's where all of the installation of the script will take place!

• 1 month later...

For any server owners that are using my script, please note that with todays game update to v1.01 it broke a section of my code. I have since fixed it an updated Scripts folder can be found here -> v0.0.2

• 4 weeks later...

Or maybe I didn't exactly.  It's dark now but was light all day.

Its possible that your init.c file was overridden after you installed the script, which would cause the script to no longer function. If you continue to have issues with it please submit a support ticket so our staff can take a look at it!

• 8 months later...

I am sorry i am very new to owning a server, not sure what any of this means. Like were to put the scripts and files and all. is there anyone that can make a video tutorial for me? IT would help so so much!   

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2019 at 11:37 PM, TemptedMouse said:

I am sorry i am very new to owning a server, not sure what any of this means. Like were to put the scripts and files and all. is there anyone that can make a video tutorial for me? IT would help so so much!   

I can try and make a video tutorial later on. If you would like thou please send a ticket in with the info you would like it set to and I can help get it fixed up. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/13/2019 at 10:49 AM, Capps said:

For any server owners that are using my script, please note that with todays game update to v1.01 it broke a section of my code. I have since fixed it an updated Scripts folder can be found here -> v0.0.2

is this still working on the current version? Tried to install last night but could not connect to the server after. Not sure if mistake in install or if the script no longer works

18 hours ago, Rhodes said:

is this still working on the current version? Tried to install last night but could not connect to the server after. Not sure if mistake in install or if the script no longer works

It should still work, if you are having issues installing it you can submit a support ticket and I will take a look!

• 3 months later...