Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

We have a release date!

Ryan Pennington

sweet yeah after being in game I see we will need more than just one zone per say for 30 people

Reading on Reddit and the Steam Forums you may just need more for 10+ people.  From what I have read, if you go for the one server option, there is a red ring around the Island you start on (albeit still some distance from shore), and that's all you get, The chap that posted it said he was off to level to see if it was a restriction of age/level so am waiting to see if has changed, but it had me a little worried.  You can build a small boat at level 5, so would assume that's when you can go exploring to get off the started island.

Reading on Reddit and the Steam Forums you may just need more for 10+ people.  From what I have read, if you go for the one server option, there is a red ring around the Island you start on (albeit still some distance from shore), and that's all you get, The chap that posted it said he was off to level to see if it was a restriction of age/level so am waiting to see if has changed, but it had me a little worried.  You can build a small boat at level 5, so would assume that's when you can go exploring to get off the started island.

Here is my question though, with only one server... which I am hearing is a 1x1 will we have more than just the starting island?  Someone said you can only go to level 8 on the starting island.

Yea. This was my question as well. I think server hosts are going to have to figure out a balance between number of physical servers to virtual ones for people who want more than just the starting zone. Pricing by map size might be a better marketing tool IMO. I just want a small server to support 20 or so people so even having 1/4 of that map or just the middle zones of it would be more than enough for me. Just saying.

yeah im debating on asking for a refund. i dont want to waste money only getting the starter island.....i bought an ark server and was super happy with it....but if ths is how things are gona be for atlas i may just ask for a refund as this is becoming more and more ridiculous as time goes by with this game....like why should i buy 16 servers just to enjoy the game? thats just stupid....thats like buying a sandwich abut only getting the bread ya gota buy everything separately to actually enjoy the sandwich....why in hell would i spend $600 on that many servers just to play the game with my friends? just greedy and stupid. merry fuckin christmas guys! lmao what a joke.

I am hearing if we only rented 1 slot we get to level to 8 and we are stuck. I may have to ask for a refund myself, lol ... I paid in advance for 3 months to be stuck on the starter Island at level 8, really?

Well I can say I misunderstood the server concept that is going on currently. I'm waiting to see what they present before I make any decisions.

And I can understand that they want to have some time with their families on holidays. They may have some that are rotating to get the situation done.

So let me get this straight? I rented a 10 man server for PVE reasons. I just wanted myself and some community members to be able to build and explore the whole game without the interference of other people. Now I am learning that I won't be able to experience the full game without renting multiple servers? It's not like they gave us a single player mode.

So let me get this straight? I rented a 10 man server for PVE reasons. I just wanted myself and some community members to be able to build and explore the whole game without the interference of other people. Now I am learning that I won't be able to experience the full game without renting multiple servers? It's not like they gave us a single player mode.

Yeah it was very confusing how the servers are set up. Seems like a money dump atm, going to wait to see what survial servers does after Christmas. I want to see the entire maps but dont want to spend 500$ a month to unlock it, and the official servers are terrible and it would take a year to veiw everything

Merry Christmas folks,

Lots of speculation here, but from what I'm seeing on other boards, Atlas' server situation is something none of the hosts quite know how to handle yet.  I have faith that Ryan and his crew will come up with something reasonable for everyone.  I pre-ordered our server and I'm going to just wait and see what kind of setup these guys come up with for us.  

Indeed ... I'm on official servers atm but I i can't wait till the private server situation gets sorted playing on public servers is just terrible and i really like how survivalservers has handled my ark server :)

Out of curiosity, any ideas on what we're looking at as far as maps/servers? There has been so much confusion with the way they have planned this out that I'd like to get prepared mentally on what is needed for a decent server map setup.