Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Extinction Bugs, Issues, and Misc.

Chocobeau

These are the current issues that we have encountered with ARK: Extinction since it's release. Wildcard is aware of these issues and are most likely working on a patch to address these.

If we discover any further issues, bugs, or otherwise, we will update this post with more information.

Issues and Bugs

Enforcers

At this time, Wildcard has disabled the usage of Enforcers on the PS4 version of ARK, due to server instability and crashing that occurs when they are summoned. The Enforcers can be created via the city terminals, but summoning them has been disabled to prevent server issues.

Scrap Metal Smelting

There is a small issue with scrap metal not smelting within a Forge since the Extinction release. Some users have found that placing a new Forge or moving the current one will fix this and allow the smelting engrams to appear.

Wyvern and Rock Drake Eggs

Since Extinction, Wyvern and Rock Drake eggs on Ragnarok and Aberration are having issues with appearing for players. The eggs are present in the nest, however they are currently invisible. A workaround to make the eggs to appear is to use a whip to hit the eggs or another means to damage them. Doing so will cause the eggs to appear, sometimes making two eggs appear at once, and that will allow players to collect them as normal.

Stuck Bows and Slingshots

Some users have reported issues with being unable to load a new arrow or rock when using bows and slingshots. To correct this problem, you need to un-equip the bow or slingshot and then re-equip it.

Primitive+ Issues

Since Extinction, there has been a problem with some servers running the Primitive+ full conversion mod. Wildcard has been notified of this issue and are working on a fix. In the meanwhile, we suggest running servers without Primitive+ until the issue has been resolved.

Additions, Requests, and Misc

Scorched Earth and Aberration Engrams

To enable engrams from other DLC maps for Extinction, you will need to modify your Game.ini file directly from the control panel. To do this, click on the Game.ini button and a pop-up window will appear. Scroll to the bottom of the file contents and then paste the following code listed here:

DLC Engrams for Extinction

Once you do that, click on the button below to save the configuration file and restart the game server. Please note, that this is a manual change to the config file, so if you use the Modify Server Config tool to make any further changes, the engram code will be overwritten and you will need to add it once again.

--

If you have any further requests or bug reports, please let us know!

• 2 weeks later...

I have issues on an unofficial w characters detaching from profiles when we log in or travel in cluster. The characters are still there but we have to make new ones and reclaim everything all over. At this point we have several bodies lying around inaccessible. Plus we have to do engram's and bosses over and over, has gotten really annoying.

Unibiker, you're not alone. I've been battling that for months. It's a WC thing, nothing SS can do about it. It seems to come and go. I lost 23 characters in 3 weeks !!!  I've been keeping my character's in the Ob's, but sometimes even there they disappear. Good luck

I'm glad to know its not just us, but really wish there was a fix. I would love to be able to play w/out having use admins all the time. Also have two tickets open w WC and as far as I can tell nothing will come of them.

• 1 year later...