Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

mods not working

ogna3

i have a handfull of mods on my server, they all work just fine offline but not on my server.

i have them listed in the mod line on the CP and i see them also listed in the config file.

what am i missing that i have no mods on the server?

• 11 months later...

If you would tell people how to solve these problems instead of telling them how to submit a ticket, they'd be able to not submit tickets for every little problem, and it'd be significantly less annoying.  People come to forums to find answers, not to be told to submit the question in another way....  This is terrible customer service, honestly. 

On 10/18/2019 at 11:59 PM, Paul Fraser said:

If you would tell people how to solve these problems instead of telling them how to submit a ticket, they'd be able to not submit tickets for every little problem, and it'd be significantly less annoying.  People come to forums to find answers, not to be told to submit the question in another way....  This is terrible customer service, honestly. 

In most cases we ask users to submit a support ticket because it is easier for us to diagnosis issues through the ticket system rather than the forums. There can be a number of reasons that can cause mods to not load, some of which can be specific to certain users such as how they are loading mods or even using invalid mod IDs.

• 2 months later...

If you helped players here instead for asking them to submit a ticket, then other players could actually benefit from this forum, and you would reduce your Ticket workload, just a thought...

On 11/5/2018 at 9:03 AM, ogna3 said:

i have a handfull of mods on my server, they all work just fine offline but not on my server.

i have them listed in the mod line on the CP and i see them also listed in the config file.

what am i missing that i have no mods on the server?

I can't use any mods either, And I've just payed for 6 month, and I'm sooooo regretting it already. :S

3 hours ago, RedArch said:

I can't use any mods either, And I've just payed for 6 month, and I'm sooooo regretting it already. :S

If you are still having an issue with this, please send us a support ticket!

You can try deleting the Sandbox_config.sbc file found within the current save world folder on FTP as this is usually the file that prevents the mods from loading!

• 3 months later...

Am clueless, more or less how to add anything at all.. 
Iainly, I wanted to bump this thread and subscribe to it..
am still looking up info on how to do what.

And, for folks who might not know, a  ticket system actually helps the support people be more productive.

I got the server settings figured out as to how to change those ( that's in another forums tolpic). Am looking into MODs now..

I think I do understand  how to do those, but have not yet been able to find where the file(s) are at so that I may upload them  'at all.' 

Are none  in my PC, (tried to setup a local game in my computer) or do I only input the link then  they download?

• 4 months later...

I raised a ticket and got the below reply, though to share it:

It is possible the config file is not properly updating. One thing to try is the following.

Here is a quick run down on how to manually add Mods to your Space Engineers Server!

1. Get the Mod ID from the steam page URL
  2. Download and open up the Sandbox_config.sbc which can be found in the "Instance\Saves\YOUR_CURRENT_SAVE_NAME" directory
  3. Search for Mods
  4. Add a XML item for each mod
  5. Once you've finished adding the mods make sure to save the file the reupload it to the server!
  6. It is extremely important that you close off the section with SEE BELOW IMAGE
  7. For this mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=571920453 the Mod ID is 571920453
  8. An Example of how it should look when you edit the Sandbox.sbc

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

So I'm at the point where I am to copy paste the following into the LAUNCH PERAMETERS

"-mod= @VanillaPPMap.pbo.VPP.bisign:"

Since my game is saved on an external drive the workshop files are saved as numbers. (files found through the launcher)

Do i copy paste the numbers? or use the AddOn "PBO file" or the "BISIGN file" ?