Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How to access the Server's Remote Console (RCON)

saicoe

If you would like to use the RCON to do any server wide commands you cant do ingame, download a free software called mcron which will help you do this, this is especially useful for initially enabling the OP permission for yourself the easy way.

Download mcron HERE, extract that zip file into a folder on your computer and double click on the "launch" icon,

A cmd window will open up where you can log in, your RCON Details are found on your server Control Panel page.

In the command window, type your server IP address and press enter, then type your server port number and enter,

lastly, type in your RCON password and press enter, and then you can start issuing any commands to the server.

To give a player OP permission:

op [player name]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Mine just says "Error: connection failed (server IP)."  I tried using a different RCON client and got "Connection refused."  RCON is enabled in my server.properties file, and I used the port and password from my control panel; what am I doing wrong?

Here's the full contents of my .bat file, generated using "create_shortcut.bat," with the obvious important information edited out:

@echo off
@mcrcon.exe -t -H <redacted> -P 22416 -p <very redacted> -c
pause

My server is currently hung waiting for someone to enter /fml confirm due to a config screwup on my end.  I forgot to disable something after adding a mod, so now the server's world is "missing" the item and it won't continue loading until someone puts in that command.  Could that be why it's refusing to connect via RCON?

Edit: Yup, it was just because the server wasn't fully loaded.  Bah.

Mine just says "Error: connection failed (server IP)."  I tried using a different RCON client and got "Connection refused."  RCON is enabled in my server.properties file, and I used the port and password from my control panel; what am I doing wrong?

Here's the full contents of my .bat file, generated using "create_shortcut.bat," with the obvious important information edited out:

@echo off
pause

My server is currently hung waiting for someone to enter /fml confirm due to a config screwup on my end.  I forgot to disable something after adding a mod, so now the server's world is "missing" the item and it won't continue loading until someone puts in that command.  Could that be why it's refusing to connect via RCON?

Happy it is working for you once the server fully loaded up. :)

• 4 weeks later...

@echo off
pause

How did you get the server to fully load? 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the console gives me this problem:

Warning: invalid packet size (-82116098). Must over 10 and less than 10240.
Authentication failed!

I don't think I got the wrong ip address, port and password.

• 2 months later...
On 12/28/2019 at 4:22 PM, Doctor X said:

the console gives me this problem:

Warning: invalid packet size (-82116098). Must over 10 and less than 10240.
Authentication failed!

I don't think I got the wrong ip address, port and password.

Please submit a ticket and I can check in on the rcon to see what is causing that for you.