Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How to access config to change settings.

Istana

• 5 months later...

I am also wondering the same thing as I want my space engineers server to be in survival as well. You would think it would be survival be default seeing how the name of this website is SURVIVAL Servers.

Please submit a support ticket and we can help you out with this!

If you answered these questions in the forum instead of in individual tickets you would probably get less ticket submission since people could just find the answer here.

you will need an FTP such as Filezilla... navigate to your sandbox.sbc file for your server... you can change it from creative to survival in that file as well as many other settings.. 

• 2 months later...

I have a problem kinda like this i made my changes using firezilla now i cant find my server i made changes in the sandbox file and the save file .as told to in my ticket but i guess i messed something up  Please help

• 10 months later...

So, I got how to change the basic settings of the game.. turns out, that SE is not like a 'normal' game, I think.. you have to look for the settings in 1 or 2 of the 3 following files: 

Sandbox.sbc & Sandbox_config.sbc within the date-named save folder, and/or the Space-Engineers-Dedicated.cfg in another folder.

Need to use a 'C++' type progrmming text editor to get into the files to change something to 'false' or 'true'.. or the number in something - our server, 'ZONEOUT' had '0' so no asteroids were showing up, but now folks should be able to get a fair start in a space pod (will try it out and increase it if we need to).

• 8 months later...

So, what one must do first is to download an FTP program once downloaded follow the instructions to link it to your server. FTP is how you will adjust all settings and add/remove any mods. Once you have downloaded all the files for your server go to the SAVES folder then select your servers NAME finally select the file labeled sandbox_config.sbc once you have downloaded and opened the file you will see all the controllable settings for a S.E game. you will be able to edit as needed just remember to save and reupload it back to the server via the ftp system for changes to take effect. Also making these changes will wipe the world soooo... make sure to properly set up  your world's settings before you start playing to refrain from loosing progress and time spent on server, i know i hate when i waste my time. 

Now Moderators of survivalservers see how easy that was and watch how many people dont get pissed over this issue and cancel subs just cause and i know this is a hard concept to swallow but EVERYONE HATES SUBMITTING A REQUEST FOR HELP VIA A FUCKIN TICKET SYSTEM, i mean jesus christ man yall have a forum so people who arent lazy and dont want to wait on the fairyGMgodmother to come save them can outsource for the answers. also check out GTXgaming there servers suck BAD, but the support forums and instructional guides are on fuckin point. seriously check em out.