Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Adding mods to DnL

Kjarstin

I am starting to work with adding mods to DnL as some are starting to be available.  Carefully of course as the devkit is minimal and the modders are still working on basic  kinks.  Since there is no area to add the mods in the control panel as of yet, I've tried just adding the 

ActiveMods=

line into the gameusersettings.ini  It appears to not be loading the mods.  Am I missing something I need to add?  or is it just the mods not being all that stable yet?

Thanks!

You will want to add that to the ini as well as upload the workshop mods to the correct location via FTP. You will need to locate the Workshop mods in your steamapps folder, they will show up as a folder with the Mod ID being the folders name.

any idea if/when we will have the  ability to manage mods through the control panel?  You guys have soooooo spoiled me with Ark's control panel and FTP'ing the darn updates every time a mod updates is making my want to stab things with a spoon :D!

E

• 2 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have tried this and am still unable to get any mods to work on my server. I added the ActiveMods= line under server settings in the GameUserSettings.ini. I also subscribed to the MODs, loaded into single player to get the MODs downloaded and installed onto my PC as well as test the MODs to see if they work. I then copied them over through FTP to the path steamapps/workshop/content/(MOD ID). On my PC the MODs for DNL are in a subfolder named 529180. I have tried both ways to have just the MOD folder in that content folder as well as the subfolder 529180 and neither worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, Would it be a huge deal to add it to the control panel like Ark has so we can just list the MOD IDs there and call it a day?

I located a new file path on the FTP DNL/Content/Mods

I placed the mod in there as well as adding the string ActiveMods=[Mod ID] in the GameUserSettings.ini and it's still not working.

I am still looking for any help getting mods to work on DNL please!