Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server config issue. Idle hunger & thirst settings are not present.

morningtide13

I wanted to post here before putting a ticket in because I suspect it may be a Funcom issue but here's the deal.

Changing the in-game idle hunger/thirst slider does nothing and returns to it's default (1.0) and will not keep the setting. All the other in-game sliders correctly modify and keep values except for this one.

Opening the SS config editor form always shows my modified setting correctly, and no matter how many times I save the config editor and restart, it still has the default setting value in-game for Idle Thirst/Hunger.. 1.0

So I tried stopping the server, making the change in the SS config editor again then manually view the ServerSettings.ini via FTP. I see all the correct values are being saved in the config file.

PlayerActiveThirstMultiplier=0.500000
PlayerOfflineThirstMultiplier=0.100000
PlayerIdleThirstMultiplier=0.200000
PlayerActiveHungerMultiplier=0.500000
PlayerOfflineHungerMultiplier=0.100000
PlayerIdleHungerMultiplier=0.200000

Ok, great. I start the server, then re-check the ServerSettings.ini file via FTP.

I discover that on server start, it overwrites the config file on start up, and completely omits the lines for PlayerIdleThirst/Hunger values. WTF?

Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas what could be up?

Please submit a support ticket so that we may help you, I suspect that your config is bugged and needs to be wiped and reinstalled.

Thanks @Cpnick22

Update: It appears to be a Funcom bug and happening to all server admins.

The display of 1.0 (1.000000) in the game client server settings is false and only a display issue. If you change any other admin values in-game it DOES write that 1.0 value to the Idle hunger/thirst and you are stuck with it ticking away. It will always revert to display the default value no matter what you actually set. So anytime you hit the "Apply" button in game, for any setting, it overwrites it with the wrong value. Unless you ONLY change the idle hunger/thirst value and hit apply will it write your change to serversettings.ini. However it will still show 1.0 in-game!

Solution: Go to the in-game Server Settings (need to be an admin) and go to the Survival view that has these value settings. Change the slider values for idle thirst/hunger to your desired settings and hit apply. Esc out of menus.

Now, use the console to enter the following and cofirm:
GetServerSetting PlayerIdleHungerMultiplier

You should see the value you just set returned from the ServerSettings.ini. This value should hold on a server restart, granted you don't make other changes to the ini. If any setting is changed from the in-game values (other than the idle hunger/thirst) it will write that pesky 1.0 value back to those settings. So, be sure after you change and apply any other setting that you repeat the solution above and confirm it took via console.

Perhaps changing any values with the Survival Server CP is causing this issue to occur as well? Not sure.