Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

I'm at a loss here

Wodesauce

This is getting ridiculous. 

Several times now I have had to go in and delete my player profile (and start all over again) due to logging in and being stuck in the ground, over and over again. Stop/start doesn't fix it. Restart doesn't fix it. Does anyone know what is causing this? I logged in fine this morning, played for a little while, logged off to do some housework, came back and I'm in the ground again. Nothing happened in between to cause it. I'm getting frustrated to the point where I just want to stop playing this game and just eat my losses from the server rental. This hasn't been the only problem either. I can't make any changed to the DMS missions or the server stops showing up until I reload a fresh stock pbo.

Thanks for any help.

Several times now I have had to go in and delete my player profile (and start all over again) due to logging in and being stuck in the ground, over and over again. Stop/start doesn't fix it. Restart doesn't fix it. Does anyone know what is causing this? I logged in fine this morning, played for a little while, logged off to do some housework, came back and I'm in the ground again. Nothing happened in between to cause it. I'm getting frustrated to the point where I just want to stop playing this game and just eat my losses from the server rental. This hasn't been the only problem either. I can't make any changed to the DMS missions or the server stops showing up until I reload a fresh stock pbo.

Thanks for any help.

Does the RPT log give you any indication of what is going on?  Also, are you making any changes to the server?

You'll have to forgive me. Not sure what the rpt log you speak of is. I get no errors during login. And no, no changes were made between when it was working, and when it spawned me in the ground.

I uploaded stock @ExileServer and mpmission folders and it's spawning me in as it should now. So it seems adjusting loot spawns and prices of things etc causes it?

Editing those items can cause issues at times as they have a weird way of linking those to the trader. Have you checked out the easy trader config they have on the exile forums?

Just went browsing the exile forums and I have to say a good 90% of that is talking about stuff I plain don't understand, lol.

I don't blame you on that as some of it I have to read a few times. This is the one I am referring to as it seems to make it flow better.

https://www.exilemod.com/topic/8586-updated-easy-trader-set-up/

• 3 months later...

Thanks for any help.

Not sure if you have resolved this issue yet or not but the same thing happened to several players on my server for the first month before I figured it out. Apparently, it has to do with the Varchar length of the hitpoints column of the player table in the database. Change the value from 24 to 1023 and that will solve your problem.

Good luck!

Not sure if you have resolved this issue yet or not but the same thing happened to several players on my server for the first month before I figured it out. Apparently, it has to do with the Varchar length of the hitpoints column of the player table in the database. Change the value from 24 to 1023 and that will solve your problem.

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up on this. I will make a note of it. :)