Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Map switch/engrams

Hey guys, good afternoon. I did read over the forum to make sure I wasn't duplicating threads; and although some of my questions have been kind of answered, not all have.
So, long story short, I'm new at this (clearly).
I've wanted Ark for a long time, and finally got  it! Definitely not disappointed!! Right away, the tether thing was an issue, so, server hunting we went! My questions are as follow
1. Can I switch maps (I want a wyvern lol!) , and bring my current character with me (with learned engrams)? I've seen two different answers of "yes" but both differ. One is to upload character/items/dinos to ob. and reload to new map. The other said to upload dinos/items/but not character. To leave it on current map, then change server settings and log in?
Also, is it as simple as changing the map on server settings once that's all figured out?
2. I'm not overly concerned with switching maps again once on ragnarok. From what I've read, it's a pretty great map. The downside being the lack of Boss's for Tek. Which leads me to ask, should I stay on the island, and grind the bosses until I'm tek "ready" for the move? Assuming again, I can move this character. 
I'm not very interested in clustering, and only play with a few dedicated friends at a time, who would be with me for moving. I know its not feasible to switch maps back and forth. But how about that one time move? 
Thankyou for your time everyone! 
P.S. although not a huge concern, being able to transfer some items to new map would be lovely also, haha!

I will be numbering the responses accordingly to your questions.

1.) You are able to carry over character data to a new map, but you must make sure that you back it up before switching the map, and then you would want to upload the character data once the map change has been completed, this can be done via an FTP client, or you can submit a support ticket and we can do this for you.

2.) That is all preference, but of course being a higher level will be more beneficial in any situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou very much for your response! That is wonderful news also! Well, I suppose its time to start grinding the heck out of the Island, and send a ticket when ready! 
Thanks again, and have a good day!