Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Turning off fog of war cheat

tnicolich

I used the fog of war cheat to confirm a map reset included all the biomes, but now I can't turn it off. I've tried deleting saves, deleting character profiles, removing admin from my steam ID, and rolling back the server to the earliest backup, to no avail. Does anyone know how to disable the fog of war for my character? 

Using the cheat OpenFogOfWar will clear the fog of war to reveal the entire map; only problem is you can't reverse the process, but this will only reveal the map for you and not your players.

Delete the game from your computer, delete the PixARK folder in steamapps/common and reinstall. You can probably do it just by deleting something in your PixARK folder too, but I did the first thing becuase of some other error and that caused it to reset.

Delete the game from your computer, delete the PixARK folder in steamapps/common and reinstall. You can probably do it just by deleting something in your PixARK folder too, but I did the first thing becuase of some other error and that caused it to reset.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Yeah, I deleted almost all of the potentially relevant server files and that didn't work, so maybe its client side at this point, like your post seems to suggest.