Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How Do I Set This Up

SinStar

I was able to get into the folders via FTP, but have no idea how to set this up so I can run it through Steam.  Do you do it by setting up a Steam dedicated server because I already did that.  Is there a tutorial on how to setup a game server using Survival Servers?  Also, how do I use ModAPI and developer mode while hosting? 

The servers we host are already set to run through steam. Once your server is setup simply change the title of it and any other settings on the panel and from there you can find it in the in game browser under dedicated servers. There isn't much to the editing as of yet since the game is still being developed. The developers stated the up coming updates should host more config edits for dedicated server owners as well and admins. If you log into your FTP client and look for the Server.cfg file you can make a few changes in there as well.

For the ModAPI. I believe that is locally only. As it needs to connect to your game files. Developer mode I don't think is currently possible but i will check.

I am unable to find the server.cfg file via the FTP client.  The only .cfg file that I have is local that is associated with The Forest Dedicated Server in <user profile>\appdata\LocalLow\SKS\TheForestDedicatedServer.  Do you copy that over via FTP?