Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Day/Night cycle glitch and others

Spuddy

Hello,

I recently purchased a Forest server from SS.  Since my group has started playing on it, we have run into a few bugs that we never encountered during a regular hosted game.

1.  The day/night cycle will sometimes go by extremely quickly, from day time through night time then back to day time within 2 or 3 seconds. This happens for all players, but not simultaneously.  This happens to each player several times throughout our play sessions.

2.  Enemies will be present, but they will just stand still and let us kill them without even moving.  They still make sounds, but do not attack (except one of the larger enemies, which stood still and attacked if we got too close).

3.  General slowness/lag.  When we lay down the blueprint for a building, it will sometimes take 20-30 seconds before the blueprint shows up on the map.  It then takes another 5 or 10 seconds before we are allowed to fill in the blueprint using our items.

I have tried to restart the server, which seemed to fix the problems for about 5 minutes before they started occurring again (e.g., enemies behaved normally at first but shortly after reverted to standing still.)  There are only 3-7 players on the server when these things are happening.  I'm using the default server config, except for auto saves every 30 minutes instead of 60, and 10% tree regrowth on. 

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, or if you need any more info from me.  

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I've been having this problem as well, seems to get worse depending on the number of players.

2 players, usually fine

3 players occasional cycle, glitchy animals

4 and more, trees don't fall, cannibals are fully glitched, animals frozen

restarting/validate didn't seem to fix the issue but i'll try again