Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

New -vday Command Line Parameter: How to implement?

ABYAY

The -vday command line parameter was mentioned as something that could be augmented onto servers. However I've yet to figure out just how to do this. From data I was able to find, this can only be added to the command line. I've tried adding "-vday" and "vday" to the custom launch options beneath the other options. Within my custom launch parameters however there is [serverSettings] and then the commands. I'm going to guess that the vday command parameter needs to not be part of the server settings.

Anyone know for sure as to how to set this up? Do I need to add vday, then add in [serverSettings], then the rest of the parameters?

Good thing I double-checked some things before posting again because I would've looked like a fool. Looks like the actual command itself from 2017 to 2018 is actually the same. However they did change a couple things with the vday event this year that hasn't been updated in the UI on Survival Servers yet in the advanced parameters. Then again I wouldn't expect this since the event just triggered.

If further information is needed, here are the new effects of the event this year, if these would need to be added to the UI:

- Tames have a 5% chance to drop a Chocolate Cake when they mate. A Chocolate Cake can be used for a Full Heal or to advance 50% of a creature's taming affinity bar. (As opposed to a box of chocolates that can advance 40% of a creature's taming affinity bar.)
- Red, Pink, and White colored wild creatures can be found wandering the ARKs searching for true loves kiss.

Other previous effects mentioned in the UI are still active.

Using the vday parameter did work successfully and it has answered my question. Thanks!

Maybe im missing something... I want this Vday feature OFF on my server... i never clicked the check box in advanced launch params yet im seeing pink dinos everywhere.  I tried checking it ON, restarting the server, then checking it OFF again, restart- and still nothing but red and pink all over!

Is there something I can put in my ini file to prevent special events from becoming active?