Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server Stopping Daily

MrNude

Greetings,

I've hosted/managed a number of servers for ARK.  Mostly from a different provider, but it has been some time.  I did some googling, and didn't see a "Timeout" added to the server "ini"s, am I missing something?  Our server is stopping daily by about 9-10am EST.  It is most often uninhabitted at this time, and has likely been absent of players for a few hours at least as this is a private server, and just our group of friends play on it.

I'm having this same issue, though we have not confirmed what time it is stopping. It also happens when the server is uninhabited. I've had Survival Servers for every DLC so far and this is the first time we have had this happen. 

We're getting this problem too. Every morning it's stopped for some reason. It's annoying.

I'm going to submit a support ticket, I'll let you guys know if I find anything else...

I found that our server was set to restart automatically via the control panel page.  I also looked in the logs, and it was just not coming back up smoothly.  We'll be performing our own maintenance style restarts from this point forward.  We are a small group so really restarts probably aren't necessary.  I also found a setting in the server settings on the control panel that used a "new" save feature, I'm not positive, but I think this may be why we weren't returning gracefully from a restart.

FROM SUPPORT

I have been getting reports of crashing due to too many wild dinos spawning on the map.

In order to fix the issue, we recommend running a admincheat DestroyWildDinos on your server.

Please follow these instructions otherwise your server may crash and you might need to run this command again.

Log in to your server as an admin (press TAB while in game and then type enablecheats PASSWORD)
Enable the admin overlay with the command: setcheatplayer true
When this command is enabled you will see a NPC count. Keep an eye on this number.
Enter the command: admincheat destroywilddinos
Wait 5 seconds and run this command: admincheat saveworld
Now, your game might freeze for some time. Please wait 5 minutes here.
Make sure the wild dino count drops and save after it drops as well

Whatever is causing my server to stop, it is not a crash, nor is it related to too many wild dinos.  according to my latest log, the server recieved a request to close.  I checked again, and I can find no options enabled that would cause such a thing.

Snippet from log is as follows.

[2018.01.13-14.57.27:987][195]Closing by request
[2018.01.13-14.57.27:988][195] - FPlatformMisc::RequestExit(0)
[2018.01.13-14.57.27:991][196] - FPlatformMisc::RequestExit(1)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...