Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Cannot Turn Off Holiday Event

Nyx

Hello I can't turn off the holiday event, the support guy said to validate and update the server but it did nothing. I turned it on with a checkbox in the config that has since disappeared for some reason. I accidentally bumped my support topic when refreshing the page to see if I got reply. When refreshing the ticket page it resent my reply for some reason so I suppose I won't get any help for quite awhile and want to see if anyone else is having this issue or managed to turn it off.

Yeah, I'm having the same issue.  Update and validate did not remove it, Santa keeps yelling to open presents.  Don't want to keep bouncing as people are grumping.

Should I open a ticket as well, or is this a wide-spread issue that is already being looked into?

To turn off the Halloween event I checked the one time toggle box for Clean SteamCMD and did update/validate and that fixed it. 

Yep this is the method you need. All you need to do is ensure you are on version .12 instead of .13 and that's that.

To turn off the Halloween event I checked the one time toggle box for Clean SteamCMD and did update/validate and that fixed it. 

I did this just now but with the Christmas Event and still did not remove the Holiday event from our server. Server is still 276.13. I put in a ticket. Please assist and thank you.

Ticket #647644   GAME SERVER ID #43346

I did this just now but with the Christmas Event and still did not remove the Holiday event from our server. Server is still 276.13. I put in a ticket. Please assist and thank you.

Ticket #647644   GAME SERVER ID #43346

I also ran checkbox for Clean SteamCMD and did update/validate to get rid of the 276.13 Holiday update, and move onto the current as of now 276.3 and my server is still running 276.13.

GAME SERVER ID #53117 TICKET#612197

Edit:

After making a change on the control panel that I didn't know would create a new map, I had to load my most recent backup save (only a couple hours old) to recover. When I loaded my backup save with clean steamcmd folder and update/validate selected, I was no longer stuck on the 276.13 holiday patch and updated to 276.3. So, if people are still having issues with this, it might be worth a shot to try to load their most recent backup save (my save was NOT before I added the holiday patch) with the clean and update/validate options selected before hitting save and restart game server.