Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Ark Survival Evolved Launch Parameters

Kezides

When configuring an ark survival evolved server, you can set launch parameters, but you cannot set all available launch parameters, so it would be greatly appreciated to have access to enable or disable all available ones.

The specific parameter that i am wanting to use is:  ?ShowFloatingDamageText.

You can indeed already do that even if it's not explicitly stated there, you can enter anything you want in the Custom Launch Params.

I am currently looking at the dashboard, and i cannot seem to find any field with "Custom Launch Params" or anything like that, i can only find "

GameUserSettings.ini Custom Code". 

I am sorry if i am just being dumb, but i feel that i've looked everywhere, could it be because i am only a subuser to the server, or should i still be able to find that setting? 

Thanks for the help in advance! :) 

Sorry for the confusion. You will want to set the map drop down to custom and the custom launch parameter box will show up for you. :)

So, is there a way to keep the Island(default map) while using the custom map ? 

So, is there a way to keep the Island(default map) while using the custom map ? 

You can indeed. When you set your map to custom. Next to the launch parameter box will be a little info icon (i). Simply click that and it will give you your launch parameter code for each map.

lDfKRON.png

You can indeed. When you set your map to custom. Next to the launch parameter box will be a little info icon (i). Simply click that and it will give you your launch parameter code for each map.

Will that also keep the current saved data for the things on the server now after i've used the default map for a few days ? or will i have to start everything over to use those settings ? 

i am sorry for all the questions. :) i really appreciate all the help! :) 

Will that also keep the current saved data for the things on the server now after i've used the default map for a few days ? or will i have to start everything over to use those settings ? 

i am sorry for all the questions. :) i really appreciate all the help! :)

No worries. Your data will still be the same. It just lets you use a custom launch option so you can add in your edits. :)

No worries. Your data will still be the same. It just lets you use a custom launch option so you can add in your edits. :)

i tried this, and then all buildings disappeared, which isnt great really, is there a way to avoid that ? 

Edit: All buildings that was modded was removed, non-modded buildings stayed.. 

Edit 2: it seems that all mods got disabled.

When you use custom launch parameters, there's a couple of things you need to do to make sure everything is loaded correctly, including mods. Here's an example.

I have an ARK server with The Island, IP address 12.34.567.89, server title of "Example Name", and a game server ID of 9001. When I switch the map to Custom, I need to grab the launch parameters for The Island found by clicking the little icon here. lDfKRON.png

I want to grab this line:

TheIsland?Multihome=12.34.567.89?Port=18115?QueryPort=18116?SessionName=Example Name?MaxPlayers=10?listen?ServerPassword=?ServerAdminPassword=changeme?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=18117?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArk9001

Now, to add Mods to this, I will need to add an "attribute", what you see after those question marks in the example above, specifically for the game mods. You can find out that information here:

ixK3n7n.png

Now, the mods I use will have Mod ID(s) of 123456789, 112233445, and 27581073. I will need to add "?GameModIDs=" at the end of the launch parameters line, immediately followed by the Mod ID(s) values, like so:

TheIsland?Multihome=12.34.567.89?Port=18115?QueryPort=18116?SessionName=Example Name?MaxPlayers=10?listen?ServerPassword=?ServerAdminPassword=changeme?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=18117?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArk9001?GameModIDs=123456789,112233445,27581073

If I add any new mods, I need to add them both to the Mod ID(s) field as well as add them to the launch parameters in the same manner as the previous ones.

i tried this, and then all buildings disappeared, which isnt great really, is there a way to avoid that ? 

Edit: All buildings that was modded was removed, non-modded buildings stayed.. 

Edit 2: it seems that all mods got disabled.

Since the server was started without the mods used in the custom launch parameters, I would highly advise to follow the instructions in the post above and then restore a backup of the server to bring back the modded buildings.