Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Guys, seriously, cant change game on server?

GunRunneR

So we got a Dark and Light server based on what the game was offering. We bought it for a year.

Now the game has taken a dive like nobodies business.

http://steamcharts.com/app/529180

Even worse the game now has approx 2.5 servers PER PLAYER.

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/dnl

Anyway we still have like 9 months left on our server rental, so I put in a ticket to see if I can get a different game hosted on the server, and the response was basically sorry we don't do this anymore.

I was thinking of changing it to a ark server, same price per slot type server, so don't see a issue there.

Yeah, I got a good deal on the server, no argument there, but I would of been better off just going month to month.

You guys have been really good to us, but put yourself in my shoes. This is really leaving a sour taste in my mouth, and If this is going to be the policy going forward, I really cant see myself renting my future servers from a company that WONT let me change the game, especially when we rent them a year at a time.

Caveat Emptor I guess.

Most of the issue is we don't have it setup in our panel to do that so it results in a ton of manual work.

We will have a system to allow for it (unlimited game switches) in the future. For now, it is all done manually.

That said, I think we change our policy to allow 1 free game switch if your service has more than 3 weeks left on it.

Let me know what you think :) We can get that changed for you if you just reference this post (will inform employees of the change)

Thanks Ryan,

I totally understand if you get a guy going like month to month always wanting to change, I had high hopes for DnL but man that game is tanking just too bad to justify a 70 player server for a year :(

Even a policy of say having at least 2 months left would be good.

But man, if you ever get it to where you can change games from the cp whenever we wanted.....that would be HUGE.