Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Full Server Backup

mjr819

Unfortunately, I have chosen to stop hosting my server at the end of the month (time to move on to another game).  Anyway, I know about the incremental backups, but that doesn't contain all of the server data.  Usually, those incremental backups only have map, position, and maybe the items in your inventory.  How do I obtain a full server backup so that when (if) we come back to ark, I can re-upload the info and be off and running again.

Thanks in advance.

You can obtain our save files via an FTP client. 

To edit/upload/save/delete files via FTP, use the following method:

1. Stop your server from the panel
  2. Log in to FTP using WinSCP (a free FTP software) using the connection details found in the "FTP Details" section of the game server control panel
  3. Navigate to the directory you wish to upload or edit a file
  4. After uploading your files in the proper directories, start your server from the panel

You may found a download link for WinSCP here: http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

The file would be located in the SAVEDARKS folder. 

Ok, I have this already, but when I look in the profile and tribes data, it references other saved data I believe that is not readily apparent.

For ark you will want to head into the following area ShooterGame/Saved/

Save all the content in that saved folder to your desktop and it will be golden. That contains the player data, map data, tribes, and what not. :)

For ark you will want to head into the following area ShooterGame/Saved/

Save all the content in that saved folder to your desktop and it will be golden. That contains the player data, map data, tribes, and what not. :)

Exactly what Steven said.

If you have any issues, just let us know or submit a support ticket and we will help ASAP.