Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Base Decay

Cerunnos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also having issues with structure decay.... I used the checkbox available but still have woken up twice to a completely wiped base. There has to be more decay options than this. Anyone else played with these settings? I cannot understand why these are on by default, for someone who does not play often this is very frustrating. 

Tested the settings, they do not appear to be working in my tests. Stuff still disappears after timer goes down.

Update: Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but have tried it a few different ways. Things are still disappearing, I am assuming that this has to do with some sort of code that just causes things to disappear after a set amount of time. Interestingly there was someone at both locations that went poof, but it didn't appear to reset the timer. We have put the server on hold, and I plan on reporting it as a bug in the morning after I get my homework done for the day. If anyone has any updated code to input to the .ini, I am all ears.

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard people having to set the AutoDestroyOldStructuresMultiplier to a higher number, effectively making the time to decay more than would be realistic.  I recently changed it to 1000 and was going to test it out when my server status is no longer "unknown".

Just found this on Reddit from user NeroHiro,

AutoDestroyOldStructuresMultiplier=0.0

He claims that this disables it. My players all quit, so I will not be testing this anytime soon. Hope this helps!

I'm really sorry to hear it Wilhelm, I'm currently testing out that change myself, so we'll see here in about a week if everything goes poof yet again. =\

I'm very sorry the method I first suggested didn't work properly for folks. This is still a very new game and everyone is having to learn all of its differences from ARK, so many of the ARK fixes simply don't work for DNL. Trial and error, hopefully we can get more trials than errors though!

Thank you all so much for all of the feedback though, as this is a very major issue for many people with servers that have players that can't play every day.

This community feedback is what we all need to help each other keep our players interested and having fun, so keep it coming in all of the proper channels! :)